Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is the worst phone I've ever owned. With horrible customer service.
jfrank89

So I have had this phone over a year now. A couple months into getting this phone I started to notice that I wasn't receiving some of my texts. Being a professional in a work environment, this was not acceptable. I would miss multiple texts from coworkers, my boss, friends, etc. I decided to call Verizon customer support. They walked me through hours of troubleshooting and other options to fix the issue. After everything failed, I was told that the issue was in the phone and that I should take advantage of the insurance policy I was paying for and get a new phone.  So that is what I did. A month later, I started experiencing the same issue. So I called Verizon customer support again. They said the only way they could help me was to go through the hours of trouble shooting again. After I spent more time going through all of this, the issue continued. They said that now that I have gone through the insurance (which was sold to me by a customer service rep) I would have to "take it up with them" EXACT WORDS FROM A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. Since then I have spoken to multiple people with this phone and they have the same issue, not to mention the other software issues this phone has.

A year later I still have the same phone. I am still not receiving texts. I still have not gotten any help from a Verizon rep (even personally knowing one). Needless to say, paying my bill every month is such a struggle for me. Why pay for a text messaging service that doesn't even work. The issue is obviously in the phone, but if your company is selling a defective phone wouldn't it be in your best interest to compensate for the issue. Is it really that hard to just give up defending a phone that is the obvious issue? I love Verizon's service and would love to stay but I might not be able to if the problem persists. I NEED my texts. I can not wait until July, when I'm eligible for an upgrade, to get a new phone. I don't like feeling trapped into a contract when things were promised that aren't being fulfilled. I will probably pay the cancellation fee this week and switch to AT&T, unless I can get ACTUAL customer service from Verizon. And a new DIFFERENT phone. The sad part is I'm even willing to pay for a new phone and sign a new two year contract but literally no one will help me.

0 Likes