Trying to update my LG G2, when I go to Settings, About, there is no option for Software Update..
lovemy3boys

I am trying to update my LG G2, when I go to Settings >> About >> there is no option for "Software Update" .. what else can I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trying to update my LG G2, when I go to Settings, About, there is no option for Software Update..
Snn5
Legend

Please tell me what Android Version you have under About Phone -> Software Information.  On my 4.4.2 I have Software Update under About Phone in the main settings menu.  BEFORE 4.4.2, when we still used Jelly Bean, the software update was in the About Phone screen. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Trying to update my LG G2, when I go to Settings, About, there is no option for Software Update..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can help with your software update lovemy3boys. What software do you currently have on your device. We can ensure its up to date?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Please tell me what Android Version you have under About Phone -> Software Information.  On my 4.4.2 I have Software Update under About Phone in the main settings menu.  BEFORE 4.4.2, when we still used Jelly Bean, the software update was in the About Phone screen. 

0 Likes
lovemy3boys

4.4.2; isn't there an update for KitKat

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

4.4.2 was the last update.  Now, in the same section look at Build Number.  Mine says VS98026A.  If yours ends with 26A, you are current.  The last update was for HD Voice called Advanced Calling 1.0.  Our next over the air or OTA update will be sometime next year, probably near March.  The G2 is already getting 5.0 Lollipop in Poland and is rolling this way.  We will get it, but even though Google has released the source code and update to manufacturers, Verizon still has to test, add to it and approve it, then roll it out over the course of a few weeks or months. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

As far as the "Update Button," it should be listed in settings directly under About Phone and called System Updates.  This is on the same screen with all settings, not inside the About Phone screen.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And, as far as updating KitKat, this is the end.  LG skipped 4.3 as it was incremental and 4.4 was just a slight buff on a few bugs that not all manufacturers were experiencing.  It didn't make sense to spend all that time sending out 2 small updates that were not beneficial for G2s, plus the issues associated with those updates that Verizon would have to deal with.

0 Likes