Unlocked LG G2
etoyoc

I want the G2, but I have read that the verizon model uses wireless charging and has poor audio quality because of this. And the factory unlocked model does not.

Does anyone know if I can activate a factory unlocked G2 on Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked LG G2
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

You would not be able to activate an unlocked LG G2 under Verizon Wireless services.

0 Likes
etoyoc

Any particular reason?

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless and other carriers provide you the phone made for that specific carrier. The SIM will just be locked when you try and use it. It is unfortunate because I was looking at the LG G2 also, but I'm not so sure about it. I have the Galaxy S4, so I have a good phone to stick with until something more comes out. The LG G2 looks good, but the reviews are poor dealing with camera issues, and audio issues. I wouldn't get it just yet. Did you have any other phones in mind?

0 Likes
etoyoc

I was reading about the audio and camera issues, the camera one I don't think will be a big deal, the audio might bum me out if the headphone jack sucks too.

I have a Droid Bionic Right now. It's driving me insane. I really didn't have anything in mind. Though compare-cellphones.org recommended the Xperia Z1 as a competitior as well as the Galaxy Note 3. I'd really love expandable memory, but I really want a faster processor and better data connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have all kinds of devices that may fit your needs etoyoc! Have you had a chance to visit http://bit.ly/nD0WuY to compare and contrast devices? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes