Update Error
GaryB62
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a notice for a system update yesterday and the process starts, but when it reaches 3% it stops and an error screen comes up.  Currently running VS980204A OS Version 4.4.2.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update Error
Snn5
Legend

I cant say for sure what may have happened during the OTA download.  Make sure battery is near full charge.  Try again.  If this fails try going to settings-app manager-all-system updates.  Clear the cache and data.  Do the same for Downloads in app manager.  Reboot.  This might help restart the download properly.  If not, a factory reset is next.  If the FDR doesn't work, you'll need to call Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I cant say for sure what may have happened during the OTA download.  Make sure battery is near full charge.  Try again.  If this fails try going to settings-app manager-all-system updates.  Clear the cache and data.  Do the same for Downloads in app manager.  Reboot.  This might help restart the download properly.  If not, a factory reset is next.  If the FDR doesn't work, you'll need to call Verizon.

0 Likes
keatonhoyle

My phone is doing the exact same thing. I am trying what Snn5 said now..

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I actually had this issue when we went from JB to KK initially.  I'm talking about...messed up install and apps and the whole thing.  Had to get a replacement.  I generally have found updates to really hurt experience.  Not the updates themselves, just the process of downloading and installing.

0 Likes
hokiety2186

Just did a FDR on my phone and STILL NOT WORKING.  So annoyed.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

At this point I imagine the recovery partition is corrupt.  VZW should issue a replacement.  Contact them via another phone or chat online.  You can also go to a store, but I have never done so and walked out with a replacement.  Stores dont generally have refurbs and they surely wont give you a new one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GaryB62,

This is something we can absolutely help you with! Which make/model phone do you have? Sometimes a new SIM card, provided for free by our Direct Stores http://bit.ly/3SdsA , will fix this issue quickly.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Please explain how the SIM could be at fault. I suppose it an idea to try.  I'd imagine the OP has an LG G2.....considering which forum its in.

GaryB62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Snn5 - I tried everything you suggested on my LG G2 (which is why I posted this question in the LG G2 forum - for VZW purposes) and it still fails. It downloads the update and the install start, but it fails at 3% during update 1 of 2 and then the following error appears: Err: 0x1111004 and the phone reboots and tells me system update was unsuccessful.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Assuming your phone is not rooted, it may be time to replace through warranty.  I searched for that code and did find info, but VZW won't let me pass along that info.

0 Likes