VOLTE UPDATE BRICKED MY LG G2 PHONE
Floorman63

I applied the latest Verizon update to my LG g2 phone and now it is bricked! Can someone please help?

0 Likes
Re: VOLTE UPDATE BRICKED MY LG G2 PHONE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone after a major update Floorman63. What specific issues are you having with the phone (calls, data)? Have you tried a factory reset on your device to correct the minor issues?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Was your phone rooted before you updated it? The update went off without a hitch with mine and many others. So I doubt the update bricked your phone. Did you let it full update before messing with it? Also I make sure my phone is full charged and on a charger.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

With it powered off, you might try the following:

Press power and volume down at the same time until the LG display appears, release, then press them simultaneously again. I think this is the way to get into the recovery menu.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

IDK if you can follow this link, but it is to my thread on VoLTE update....unexpected results

I've had numerous issues lately.  I'm not bricked, but I have a lot of problems.  There apparently is no other update and the change logs we have seen all over the online forums don't mention anything other than version updates.  There is no all-inclusive list as to the actual apps added and removed, nor the services or features changed.

As for recovery, you can try a full reset and wipe, but if the recovery has been written to and changed (and it has) then there is no way to revert to the previous version.  You can access safe mode from a long press of the power button and then another long press of the power off option.  A prompt will ask you if you want to reboot in safe mode.  To date I have found no way to access recovery on a non-rooted phone.

I will be calling into tech support tier 2 this evening for a remote diagnostic, but have been warned that there are reports of known cases of issues that began months ago which have no fix as of yet. I do find it curious that even with a replacement G2 that the techs believe that my problem won't be fixed.  I don't see how a different model of phone could cure what ails me when 3 of my friends have a G2 and have no issues.  Maybe it's just my subscriber line info, IDK.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

To add from VZW's AC1.0 page:

When adding the HD Voice feature, you’ll be notified of any incompatible features that exist on your line. These features will be removed from your line at the time HD Voice is added.

Note: Apps associated with these features also aren’t compatible with Advanced Calling 1.0 at this time. These apps on your phone won’t work as expected as long as HD Voice remains on your line.

So, maybe that's a reason as to our issues.  IDK which apps were affected as the setup only specified that I was losing basic voice mail.  I have since disabled AC1.0 and VoLTE.  Problems still remain.

0 Likes
Floorman63

I went to the store this morning but the associate tried everything to no avail so they sent me a replacement phone I hope this works, thanks for replying.

0 Likes
Floorman63

No my phone is not rooted, but I was going to ask you if you think I should go ahead and update my new phone and try it again being is a lot of people aren't having any problems.?

0 Likes
Not applicable

There was another update today. So I'm sure if you should do that one or not. might fix your issues

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Replacement arrived yesterday and immediately downloaded the new VS98026A.  No way to stop it.  But, it does add the ability to turn on HD Voice and leave video calling off.

0 Likes