VS98012B LTE Connectivity Problem?
ArcSyn

Updated my phone to the latest software patch that went out recently (Dec 20/21?) and now my phone will default to 3G service more often than 4G LTE.  My home gets very strong LTE service and I could speedtest up to 20mbps at times on it.  After I updated, however, my phone will connect to 3G about 90% of the time.  Rarely does it connect to LTE.  This isn't just at my home, so I don't think it's a local tower issue as I've had the same problem in town as well.

Has anyone else encountered a problem with LTE connectivity after updating to VS98012B?

0 Likes
Re: VS98012B LTE Connectivity Problem?
j21blackjack

I have this problem also, my G2 won't connect to LTE sitting right beside my HTC ONE with 3 bars of LTE.  I do still get LTE coverage, just not everywhere my HTC ONE does, very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: VS98012B LTE Connectivity Problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there ArcSyn,

I have the LG G2 myself and I absolutely love it. I completed the software update and I am not having any issues connecting to 4G.

What zip code are you having issues in? I'd like to review the area to see if there are any issues.

One thing I would also like you to try is to power the phone off and remove and reinsert the sim card. Once you have the sim card back in power the phone back on and retest the connection. Visit http://vz.to/1bofzUi to view the steps to properly handle the sim card.

Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes