Verizon's community forum sucks!
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

This has got to be the worst forum out there for help with phones along with Phonescoop. So many view but do not ad any help or advice along with VZW employees and when they do it is usually just do a factory reset, well I say if that's the answer to everything then maybe it's time for a better product like the IPhone. I have read articles and saw on the news that Apple makes the best products. An article says that 30-40% of android phones get sent back because of problems and only 1.7% of the IPhone 4 have been sent back and so that is pretty sad..

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's community forum sucks!
Tidbits
Legend

bulldog69 wrote:

This has got to be the worst forum out there for help with phones along with Phonescoop. So many view but do not ad any help or advice along with VZW employees and when they do it is usually just do a factory reset, well I say if that's the answer to everything then maybe it's time for a better product like the IPhone. I have read articles and saw on the news that Apple makes the best products. An article says that 30-40% of android phones get sent back because of problems and only 1.7% of the IPhone 4 have been sent back and so that is pretty sad..

Here's the thing...  Not everyone has a problem like some people are having so they are unsure how to help.  Sometimes you get views when you press the view all button.

The Vz employee(moderators) answering question isn't their primary job, and with the amount of complaints you will find on a user forum they can't get to them all in one day.

Welcome to open source.  Just like Linux sometimes it works right and sometimes it doesn't.  When you sandbox everything things tend to be more stable, and everything is done in house.  Most of the stuff is OS related and very few things on Android is hardware related.  Sure those numbers are a bit skewed and I won't go into details.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Tidbits wrote:

bulldog69 wrote:

Here's the thing...  Not everyone has a problem like some people are having so they are unsure how to help.  Sometimes you get views when you press the view all button.

The Vz employee(moderators) answering question isn't their primary job, and with the amount of complaints you will find on a user forum they can't get to them all in one day.

Welcome to open source.  Just like Linux sometimes it works right and sometimes it doesn't.  When you sandbox everything things tend to be more stable, and everything is done in house.  Most of the stuff is OS related and very few things on Android is hardware related.  Sure those numbers are a bit skewed and I won't go into details.

Thank you Tidbits for your feedback, that is what we need more of not just people viewing without anything to say whether bad or good

0 Likes
B33
Legend

+1 nice explanation Tidbits I'd send a Bana split Sunday but too messy to far away. i send kudo instead! thank you Sir. B33

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

bulldog69 wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

bulldog69 wrote:

Thank you Tidbits for your feedback, that is what we need more of not just people viewing without anything to say whether bad or good

It happens.  I try and help if I know what the problem could be, but sometimes I don't, and I frequent the marked all read.

0 Likes