VoLTE update....unexpected results
Snn5
Legend

I installed the update. VoLTE isnt rolling out to me until Sept 19.  This update was told to me by VZW to be a prep update. Part 1 of 2.  The option is not there for me in Tethering and Networks to enable VoLTE.  Also the VuTalk uninstall remained and the weather app disappeared though the widget is still there and the process is running.

0 Likes
Re: VoLTE update....unexpected results
Snn5
Legend

It's rumored by VZW that a Sept 19, 2014 update will fix the growing number of issues presented after the Sept 11, 2014 24A to 25B update.  My list of issues is growing.  Pop up text window auto exits before text can be entered after keyboard pops up, screen stays on, YouTube opens with screen off, proximity sensor does not allow screen to turn off during call, volume set to silent randomly reverts to lound, weather app missing (though they said the update deleted it and is not included in the update) the com.google.process.gapps has stopped error persists as does the Google Location reporting feature error where settings are reverted to "Off."  I was offered a replacement G2, but was told that if I kept my present phone it would never work correctly until LG released a fix and also that the next update could cause further issues.  this is my 2nd replacement G2 thus far.  I did have another option though.  I could take advantage of a special early upgrade promo and get anything from a Moto-X for $400 to an S5 or G3 for $500!!!!!!!  This is with me having $100 deductible with Asurion at $8 a month.  VZW said it was up to LG to deem the replacement of the device with a different model from a different manufacturer.  I dont quite understand that, and switching carriers (out of spite or even with ETF buyouts) is just silly considering all manufacturers and carriers have issues. I had a couple small issues with my first G2.  I had serious issues after the KitKat update.  Now this update has further issues not resolved from previous updates, and there is still another update on the way for VoLTE, the 2nd part of the Sept 11 update due near or on Sept 19.  then....LOL, another update for Android L sometime in the next 6 months!!!  I guess i should always buy certified refurbished phones to begin with since I have to replace a phone after every update.   Anyhoozer, just a heads up.

0 Likes
Re: VoLTE update....unexpected results
Snn5
Legend

You'll need to go to this link and then follow the link in the red block to activate AC1.0.  Basically you add the feature to your account then reboot the phone and check in settings with tethering and networks then mobile networks and VoLTE should be activated there.  Then open phone dialer or contacts and go to groups.  Should see at least yourself in the list at least until other people add the service.  Its confusing as you get the update, but then dont know what to do with it.  Hope this helps.  Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes