WHEN will lg g2 get upgraded to Lollipop 5.1?
lrpaulson

I was told by Verizon that the LG g2 would be upgraded at the end of July and that would solve my overheating problems and nonexistent battery life.  So far, no update.  When is it supposed to appear?

0 Likes
Re: WHEN will lg g2 get upgraded to Lollipop 5.1?
Snn5
Legend

LG is skipping 5.1 for the G2,3,4.  (It was rumored that the G2 MIGHT get 5.1 later on towards the end of the year) Android M is the next update.  But while the 4 will get it, and the 3 most likely will, the 2 is a long-shot-maybe.  After all, the G2 is 2 years old.  I would hope that the G2 would be brought to final revision status (last update before M) but it isn't known.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can all appreciate what a nuisance a short battery life can be, lrpaulson.  We can’t have this go on.  There’s one specific setting that we’d like you to check.  Go to Settings -> Wifi.  In the upper right corner tap the 3 dots, and then select Advanced Wifi. Make sure "Allow Wi-Fi Scanning" is unchecked. In the past unchecking this has given the LG G2 a longer batter life. Let us know if this helps.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I can confirm  I still get towards 30 hours on a single charge.  WiFi Scanning doesn't scan 24/7, it is intermittent.  No different than when the phone connects to Verizon's network to check status and updates...uses very little data, wifi scanning uses very little battery.

0 Likes
iharry

A VZW Level 1 tech support told me today that LG is working on a 5.1 update for the G2 and thought it would be coming "soon" but couldn't "give an exact day."

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG is skipping 5.1. 5.0.2 might be the last. It will be months before 6.0 makes it to LG anyway.

0 Likes
lrpaulson

This did absolutely nothing.

0 Likes
lrpaulson

Well, now Verizon tells me there will be no upgrades for the G2; it's too old.

So I ended up having to buy a new phone (my contract had not expired) after almost setting my handbag on fire.  (I should have let that happen and taken it to Verizon.)

I am not happy and now am locked into Verizon again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, the G2 was released around Sept 2013.  It's 2 year run doesn't really mean it's over, but by the time those updates get here, the G2 will be well past the usual window for Android updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a working phone lrpaulson. How long has this been going on for? When does it tend to overheat? Are you on a application or a call? How long does your battery last? Are you using the original charger?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes