What is Whats New Screen?
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

I saw on a Phonescoop review that a good feature of the Revolution is the Whats new screen, never heard of it and what it does so if anyone knows please tell us..

0 Likes
Re: What is What's New Screen?
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

, yes the revolution is a good phone. I know someone who has this phone and they enjoy the functionalities along with the "What's New" widget. I found this widget is very cool because it provides you one place to view all new messages, new voicemails, new pics, and new updates that you received. Instead of going into each application for voicemail, messages, etc., you can use this widget to view them all in one spot. 

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

KinquanaH_VZW wrote:

bulldog69, yes the revolution is a good phone. I know someone who has this phone and they enjoy the functionalities along with the "What's New" widget. I found this widget is very cool because it provides you one place to view all new messages, new voicemails, new pics, and new updates that you received. Instead of going into each application for voicemail, messages, etc., you can use this widget to view them all in one spot. 

I hope this helps. 

I tried searching for it in app store and did not find. What is actual name for it. Thank you

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

bulldog69 wrote:

KinquanaH_VZW wrote:

bulldog69, yes the revolution is a good phone. I know someone who has this phone and they enjoy the functionalities along with the "What's New" widget. I found this widget is very cool because it provides you one place to view all new messages, new voicemails, new pics, and new updates that you received. Instead of going into each application for voicemail, messages, etc., you can use this widget to view them all in one spot. 

I hope this helps. 

I tried searching for it in app store and did not find. What is actual name for it. Thank you

Hi Bulldogs69,

What she was referring to was not a name of an App but where you could access the information on your device in one spot via a widget or an added widget. You can add widgets, App Shortcuts and other items to your phone's home screen pane.

To add a widget, go to the home screen pane where to add the item. Touch the menu key and touch add or touch and hold an empty spot on the home screen pane. If you do not have available space on a particular home screen pane, adding a widget will not be as you must remove an item before adding a new item. More widgets can be found looking on the Android Market.

For a reference on widgets, please use this link to our website whereby you could access the How to Menu on widgets and the User Guide for further details.  

0 Likes