What is it about the latest update that causes my battery life to be so short?
JoefromJersey

Since the latest update my battery life has gone from great to horrendous. I used to be able to get through an 8-hour day at work with no issues now I'll get low battery issues after just a few hours. I presume if I do a factory reset I'll loose all my apps and the phone will insist I redo the update. What am I supposed to do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is it about the latest update that causes my battery life to be so short?
Snn5
Legend

You should back up any music or videos, documents or files to a PC and then factory reset the phone.  You can either let the reset re-install the apps and app data, or do a clean install to avoid other issues and uncheck those boxes in Back up and Reset menu in Main Settings of the phone.  You can always batch install from the Play Store once you reset or you can go to the Play Store webpage, sign in and restore apps from there as well.  Make sure you are fully charged to 100%.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What is it about the latest update that causes my battery life to be so short?
Snn5
Legend

You should back up any music or videos, documents or files to a PC and then factory reset the phone.  You can either let the reset re-install the apps and app data, or do a clean install to avoid other issues and uncheck those boxes in Back up and Reset menu in Main Settings of the phone.  You can always batch install from the Play Store once you reset or you can go to the Play Store webpage, sign in and restore apps from there as well.  Make sure you are fully charged to 100%.

0 Likes