Re: Whats happening with KitKat Update ?
atspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

We will get 4.4 guys don't worry. I don't think Verizon wants that kind of backlash from LG if they tried keeping this kind of update from us. The big IF is when. Now that LG has said they are releasing the knock code for our g2's I would almost guarantee Verizon will hold the 4.4 until Knock code is implemented so Verizon only sends out one update. My best guess is probably mid to late April. LG posted Sprint's firmware last night so yes indeed we are DEAD LAST. The carrier usually updates within a week sometimes two of firmware listings. That news is the real pain really as Sprint was the last carrier to get the G2. I was in a Verizon store today talking with a manager and he said we were getting it but they don't know anymore than we do really. This manager doesn't blow me off either we talk pretty regularly and know each other outside work but Talking to any Verizon rep about an update is just like talking to your local corner lot used car salesman really. They will give you an answer even if its only half true. My best answer is just sit tight like I am and try to realize what good Verizon could be doing with their bloat "lol". What's really ironic to me though is how LG is changing and the entire world is seeing it but Verizon. I was a moto guy but I even see the change LG is making.

akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

More than likely they are making sure that Google Wallet's tap to pay is still disabled since its supposed to be enabled on all nfc device running kitkat. They wouldnt want to competition for ISIS.

Snn5
Legend

I never did get ISIS to work with AmEx Serve correctly.  I was going to save the incentive money AmEx put on the card for emergencies, like if I lost my physical wallet and still had my phone.  I contacted both companies and tickets were put in. I kept getting calls asking me if the problem was fixed.  ISIS is outsourced.  I got the prepaid card and the SIM and signed up. Problem was, the card was always trying to load into the ISIS wallet.  Never fully synced so I couldn't use the NFC feature, only the card.  Plus, AmEx always has some crazy $100 hold at gas stations, which means, the money gets transferred from your funding source and you can't transfer the money from the card to the funding source once it's moved.  They never did resolve the problem and I ended up cancelling ISIS.  NEVER had a problem with Google Wallet.  Plus, it's MasterCard.  AmEx is somehow not accepted most places I'd need it at.  It's going to be a long time before I try ISIS again.

0 Likes
atspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well as of 3/31 sprint has went live.  We are dead last. Thank you big red. I cant wait to see this bloat that's taking so long to add. You are the disappointment not lg.  Must Make you feel powerful to stand up to what manufacturers ask on release dates for their support.  You are the support problem now not these manufacturers and it's time the general public knew it to.

last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

So pissed u had to give up my unlimited to get this phone. I could have

saved up full price before this update got released

0 Likes
johnembe
Enthusiast - Level 3

ALL other US Carriers already have KIT KAT on the Galaxy S4!!!  Verizon does NOT, That is a fact!!

Now we know Verizon's intention.  NO Kit Kat for GS4's any time soon!!  When you look at Verizon's promotion of the GS5 it talks about how great KIT KAT is and how the GS4 DOES NOT HAVE IT, which means it is not coming any time soon!!!!

<<From Verizonwireless.com>>

************************************************************************************************************************************

The operating system

All three smartphones run the Android™ operating system, but different versions. The S III and the S 4 have Jelly Bean, while the S 5 has KitKat 4.4.2.

KitKat employs the latest technology to deliver crisp visuals and a seamless, more immersive experience for you. Launch voice commands with two words, “OK, Google”, and read more easily with immersive mode. The status and notification bars disappear when you’re in certain full-screen apps or games, but, don’t worry, you can bring them back with just a swipe of your finger. Plus, KitKat is the most efficient Android operating system yet, using less power overall while running the same apps and programs.

***********************************************************************************************************

Verizon GS4 Customers - All other US carriers have given their customers with GS4's (and who pay less for their service)  "the latest technology" (as stated above).  But us Verizon Customers are left WITHOUT THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY on our "flagship phones"

FIX IT VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klue
Master - Level 1

So now that you graced us with duplicate posts stating information that we already know, why don't you post something that has informational qualities to it.

0 Likes
lando13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: Where is Android 4.4 KitKat for the Verizon Galaxy Note 3?!?

Edited by admin_moderator

0 Likes
ManiMan

It is available now!!! I just updated my G2 through software upgrade assistant!!!

0 Likes
ppal1981
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still waiting...... what gives Verizon. We are now officially the last BIG carrier to not have this update.  Why?!

0 Likes