When a call is progress, my screen goes black. I tap the screen and the back button once I take it from my hear and it still doesnt come on. It only comes on if the person hangs up. How can I solve this problem. PLEASE HELP.
tgunsby
0 Likes
Re: When a call is progress, my screen goes black. I tap the screen and the back button once I take it from my hear and it still doesnt come on. It only comes on if the person hangs up. How can I solve this problem. PLEASE HELP.
Snn5
Legend

Can you use the back power button?  You can check in call settings to see if you have enabled or disabled the "Power button ends call" option.  If it is unchecked, it will turn screen on.  Other than what you have tried, this is the only other way I know to turn the screen back on.  Screen is supposed to come back on briefly when the proximity sensor registers that you have removed the phone from your face.

0 Likes
Re: When a call is progress, my screen goes black. I tap the screen and the back button once I take it from my hear and it still doesnt come on. It only comes on if the person hangs up. How can I solve this problem. PLEASE HELP.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the proximity sensor is not functioning properly.  This could be due to a case or sticker covering it, or a defect in the sensor.  How old is the phone?  Has it been wet, or dropped?

The proximity sensor will darken the screen to save battery when in a call, but if you pull it away from your face to enter #'s on a key pad, for example, the screen comes back on.  It's usually located near the top of the phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Some cases actually fit both the VZW and International versions, they just have larger cutouts on the back for the buttons.  Problem is, is the sensors are also slightly different in location between the 2 variations.  Some cases are a bit too close to the sensor on the front. 

0 Likes
dhnyny
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you tried just giving it a shake, kind of like moving a mouse to wake up a desktop? That usually works for me. Not always, but usually. I appreciate everything that conserves the battery, but it's annoying, especially when dealing with an automated menu system that requires me to use the keypad.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes a crack-the-whip type gesture will wake my screen, so I can use the keypad while in-call.

0 Likes