When at home I get constant voicemail notifycations even though my inbox is empty.
skinz78

When I'm at home, I get constant voicemail notifications even though my inbox is empty. It's really annoying because when I get them if I'm on Facebook or playing a game such as Clash Of Clans I get booted to the home screen. I have bad cell reception at my house could this be the cause? I did a factory reset last night but it's continuing to send the notifications.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When at home I get constant voicemail notifycations even though my inbox is empty.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skinz78, let's get your voicemail working so you are not getting any ghost voicemail. When did this start? What happens when you try calling the voicemail? Please clear the cache and data for the phone application. Settings>Application Manager>All tab>Clear the cache and data for the phone applications. Let us know how it works.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When at home I get constant voicemail notifycations even though my inbox is empty.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What does the notification say? Have you tried going in and turning off notifications for voicemail?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Reception issues are quite possible.  If someone calls you and you have no signal and they try to leave a VM, it might show up as such even if they left no message.

0 Likes
skinz78

It says new voicemail received, and when I check there is nothing there. I've turned off notifications and still didn't help.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Some options are to make sure the voicemail app is up to date. Delete the cache and data for the app and re-set up your voicemail. You could even try calling your voicemail from another phone to see what happens and even try to listen to the ghost voicemail should it be for some reason you're just not able to see it on your device.

0 Likes
skinz78

Snn5 I don't get enough calls for it to be someone calling but not leaving a message. I only get a few calls each day on avg and this is sometimes happening every 30 seconds or so.

Verizon is actually sending a crew out to my area to conduct a signal survey to verify that I have poor signal at home. They said after that is done they will suggest a mini signal tower in my house so I can use the phone when at home.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It is also important to make sure ALL voicemails have been reviewed and deleted if necessary.  To be clear, we are talking about *86 basic VM and not visual VM which requires data to be on correct?

0 Likes
skinz78

Yes they have been and the inbox is empty. And yes it's basic VM, the visual seems to work when I actually do have a message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skinz78, let's get your voicemail working so you are not getting any ghost voicemail. When did this start? What happens when you try calling the voicemail? Please clear the cache and data for the phone application. Settings>Application Manager>All tab>Clear the cache and data for the phone applications. Let us know how it works.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes