When will Verizon have a fix for the LG G2 GPS Problems?
CFECoach
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on my 3rd LG G2 and all of them have had the same GPS problem. No one can help me, went to a Verizon store and they advised that I would have to speak with Verizon on the phone. but I did after 2 replacement phones have been sent out to me. I went back to the store and they advised that Verizon is suppose to send me a different model or what ever the upgrade to that phone is. Where is the disconnect? I just need a Phone that works! Now I sent my phone off to LG this is crazy. I have not had to phone a year and I travel for business 2 to 3 times a week and need my phones GPS to work. Please Help

0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon have a fix for the LG G2 GPS Problems?
warlie

have had that 2 times on my trip this weekend. I finally figurd out to turn the phone off for 30 second and then reboot. I know it is not right, but may help you  until you get Verizon to figure it out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the importance of GPS, CFECoach! I get lost everywhere I go.
With that being said, this has to be reported to the software team.
What exactly happens when you try to use GPS. When you go to Settings>Location>Mode>High Accuracy and test it, is it the same?

When does LG expect that you will have the phone back in your posession?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

CFECoach
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, serval times with all 3 lg g2's I have had. I travel a lot and I am getting into my busy season. It will find my location then cut out saying GPS signal lost. Then connects again maybe after 5 to 10 mminutes or have to turn my phone off and on again. I did not pay $200 for 75% of a product or service.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

First off, make sure Location is set to High Accuracy.

Also, Settings | Automatic Date and Time and Automatic Timezone should be selected.

Try a download like GPS Status & Toolbox. Select the wrench, and perform a compass calibration, and calibrate pitch and roll. Then go to Manage A-GPS State, and Reset and Download Assistance data.

In clear view of the sky, how many SATs does your phone see? Allow some time for the first fix of Lat/Long position. Subsequent fixes should be faster.

0 Likes
CFECoach
Enthusiast - Level 1

First Stef7, you should ask if someone has done something instead of telling them. I have done all of that. I have read all the forums to the point of wanting to tear the phone apart. I just need this resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification, CFECoach. I want some additional details from you so I can provide this to the software team. Please be on the lookout for a direct message from me.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I read the entire thread, and you didn't mention that you had done all these things. Please understand, at least I'm trying to help you. I understand you are frustrated. I'm an end user like you.

I've had a few Android phones over the years, and if this is the behavior even after you've done what I've suggested, then it seems as though you have a HW problem. The GPS in my LG G2 works very very very well, so it seems like you got another bad one. From your post, you imply this is something you've also experienced on 2 other LG G2s. Wow - that's horrible.

It's appropriate to take it up with LG then.

0 Likes