Why am I getting a Code 402 (Err. 0x11110004) error when trying to update?
davidc0

This morning, i attempted to install the update released in late December - the VS98012B update.

However, on the core Android (lil green man) screen, at about 1% or 2% on the progress bar, it failed, displaying a black box with Err. 0x11110004.

With very helpful assistance from a VZN support rep, I rebooted, rebooted in Safe mode, repeated download outside of WiFi, etc, yet, no matter what, I got the same error.

On the About phone > Software Update box, it said some additional information:

Name: LG_VS980_11A_TO_12B

Code: 402

Anyone else get this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone else getting a Code 402 (Err. 0x11110004) on Upgrading to 12B?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

davidc0, thank you for everything you have done already! I do not see that as a common error message. Have you tried updating the software on the computer? Follow these steps... http://bit.ly/1bSsm1v You should be able to update your software just fine this way.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

davidc0, thank you for everything you have done already! I do not see that as a common error message. Have you tried updating the software on the computer? Follow these steps... http://bit.ly/1bSsm1v You should be able to update your software just fine this way.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
davidc0

I followed these instructions from the LG Help site as directed (after connecting to a Windows 8 machine with the USB cable):

"On your computer you will be notified that your phone has been connected and a AutoPlay screen should display. Select VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant.exe to install the Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant."

When I plugged the LG G2 into the Windows 8 computer, no autoplay behavior occurred.

The LG G2 was displayed as a USB item ("VS980 4G" "Internal Storage").  I searched the entire content for any "*.exe" files, and the VZW assistant was not found.  There were no .exe files found at all.  (There were also no other files you would typically find on a Windows autoplay drive/disc)

Apparently, during the VZWLG G2 build, they must have omitted this content (I certainly did not delete it). Or perhaps it is not yet compatible with Windows 8 and is located in some place that is invisible to the USB driver?

Is there a location where this application is available on the VZW website?  Is the Exe specific to this device?  To LG devices? Or is there one master Exe which can be used with all VZW devices?

Thanks.

0 Likes
davidc0

Correction:

On the second attempt, I was able to install the VZW Upgrade Assistant.

Note the following for Windows 8 users:

1) Close all windows - so you'll be sure to catch the notification

2) Watch for a fleeting Win 8 notification about the upgrade assistant (there are other notifications spawned by this device such as "Sleep and Charge is ready".

It is also possible that it is not available the first time you plug into the Win 8 PC

Also, when upgrading via the Upgrade Assistant, the upgrade downloaded appears to be the full Android OS - 2 gb in size, so be sure to be using a broadband connection.

0 Likes
davidc0

Summary of what was learned from this:

1) The VZW Upgrade Assistant (requires Windows) is the best way to upgrade your device.

2) In the end, the problem was the device, not an Android or VZW upgrade process.

Looking at the log of the VZW Upgrade Assistant, there were errors that occurred when the downloaded image of Android was evaluated for its MD5 checksum - apparently the memory chips in this LG G2 had failed and were unable to correctly represent the file.  The device remained unstable from that point onward.  So, likely seeing an 0x11110004 error is not a good sign, and not avoidable through retries.

0 Likes
rh1n0

I am having the same issue but have a Mac. Your instructions for a Mac say to click on the Verizon Mobile disc on the desktop to install SUA but the only files that exist are .exe

Any other solutions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rh1n0,

We want to explore options to assist you! However, as I reviewed the original post I see that the issue was with installing a software upgrade for a LG G2 phone. You mention having the same issue but with a MAC. Before trying anything else, please do a hard reset http://vz.to/1bEaoQu to your device and then attempt to update the software. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes