Why have my contacts disappeared?
SD_CowboyFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

All my contacts suddenly disappeared from my G2.  I cannot figure out how to restore them.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contacts Disappeared
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SD.CowboyFan, it's great that you were running Backup Assistant! Even without a My Verizon account online, you should still be able to restore your contacts. Simply Register your specific phone number for a My Verizon account http://vz.to/1fTFgAi and then click on Manage Contacts under the Manage My Device section in the lefthand side column.  You may be prompted to register for the Verizon Cloud service, and after that registration you will be brought to your contact list. There is a Sync button in the upper right you can use to restore your contacts.

You will also be able to use the Verizon Cloud app that's available in the Play Store. Let us know if that helps restore your contacts!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SD_CowboyFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had Backup assistant running, but the list of contacts on the My Verizon site are only for the primary account holder's phone.  I cannot find mine.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need your own MyVerizon account (each phone line needs their own account if they are using Backup Assistant).

0 Likes
SD_CowboyFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks. Any idea where my contacts were being backed-up to?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you didn't have your own MyVerizon account and the primary account holder is using Backup Assistant with their phone, I doubt that your contacts were being backed up at all, unfortunately.  Another option is not to use Backup Assistant, but back up via Google. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SD.CowboyFan, it's great that you were running Backup Assistant! Even without a My Verizon account online, you should still be able to restore your contacts. Simply Register your specific phone number for a My Verizon account http://vz.to/1fTFgAi and then click on Manage Contacts under the Manage My Device section in the lefthand side column.  You may be prompted to register for the Verizon Cloud service, and after that registration you will be brought to your contact list. There is a Sync button in the upper right you can use to restore your contacts.

You will also be able to use the Verizon Cloud app that's available in the Play Store. Let us know if that helps restore your contacts!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes