Why is my battery draining so quickly after the kitkat update?
shetia

what to do if all recommendation is [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G2 kitkat SEVERE battery drain and performace issues ?
Snn5
Legend

My solution was to completely drain battery.  Leave off.  Plug into AC outlet with factory charger.  Unplug when fully charged.  This let the battery stats reset and properly read.  Thing is, the battery can still have juice in it, but if the stats are read incorrectly, then the unit will think it has more or less than it really has.  Any new update will cause this usually.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

Suggest you do a factory reset after saving your pics etc.  This was the only thing that fixed my phone with this problem.  See discussion under LG G2 upgrade

0 Likes
Not applicable

Have you tried turning off Location?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

My solution was to completely drain battery.  Leave off.  Plug into AC outlet with factory charger.  Unplug when fully charged.  This let the battery stats reset and properly read.  Thing is, the battery can still have juice in it, but if the stats are read incorrectly, then the unit will think it has more or less than it really has.  Any new update will cause this usually.

0 Likes