Why/what is the "Android System" that eats up Battery charge?
alp0811

When I check the Battery Usage details on my LG Revolution,  the "Android System" is using over 50% (I have seen this up to 97% !!!!).  What and/or why is this all about?  I do not have many apps downloaded.  I don't understand what this "Android System" does.

I am soooo tired of CHARGING my phone at least twice a day ... just waiting for the battery charge cover to break off from opening/closing it so much .

I have been a Verizon customer forever and have no problem with their customer service ... very good to me.  Also, the only phones I ever had were LG products and never had any problems ... that is why I chose to upgrade to the Revolution instead of an Iphone. 

I have been browsing the other Revolution forums here and I actually believe the issues are the phone (LG) not Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Why/what is the "Android System" that eats up Battery charge?
Scheblert

The android system is the operating system. My system uses about 90% at all times. What I have found is that the lower the % the android system uses the less your battery life will be. Another way to look at it is the android system is another way of saying system idle.

0 Likes
Bill_L_K

if you google extended battery for LG revolution you can buy a battery and cover thats slightly bigger but you wont have to charge it as often.  I've seen it on amazon new oem for $20.00.  Good luck

0 Likes
alp0811

Thanks for your response  Smiley Happy.  I still have a lot to learn about the "Android".... this is my first smartphone and some things are confusing. 

I wonder how one makes the "Android System" be lower.  Hmmmmmm ... could be interesting to find out

0 Likes
alp0811

I will look into this option.  Thanks for your suggestion Smiley Happy

0 Likes