Would someone please look into accessing Facebook with Wifi Thanks.
alanb4130
Enthusiast - Level 3

SInce the update I have problems accessing Facebook with WiFi. Even in a browser it blocks me. There has to be some kind of fix for this. Please look into it . Very frustrating .  Already did a factory reset. Really dont want to go through that again. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Would someone please look into accessing Facebook with Wifi Thanks.
ericj1985
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am still having the exact same issue. Everything else is working fine except for Facebook. It simply won't recognize WiFi connection anymore.  I can't use the Draw Something game either because it is linked to my fb account. Been this way for 3 weeks and no one has an answer!! Looks like Verizon/LG software update does nothing but cause more problems. I wouldn't have downloaded it had I know about this before.

SBurns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same issue...I thought it was just my phone.  Can not access Facebook over WiFi and am using my regular data due to it...thought it was a WiFi issue in general, but you are right it seems to be just FB

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the Facebook app is a third party application, the first place I would be contacting is the developers of the application. They would be the ones to fix it and not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it was simply a bad update that broke the wifi use for fb on some devices. i can use wifi, but it will periodically tell me there's not network connection until i tap the screen to reconnect and it works again. i would expect another update from fb within a week or so. if you look at the recent reviews of the app, there are MANY people with similar complaints and many other complaints (pics won't load, which i experience often, etc, etc)

alanb4130
Enthusiast - Level 3

No because I am blocked it I try to access FB on any web browser as well. It is an issue with the update.

0 Likes
jwalt62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah... I am STILL having issues using Wi-Fi and Facebook. I have no issues with any other app. I thought it was odd that it was issues with the web browser. I figured it would've been solved by now Smiley Sad I dont get fantastic service around my house (I live in a valley) and sometimes my Wi-Fi is my saving grace. This is frustrating!!!!

I give feedback on FB's app page in the market all of the time. Apparently we're not getting anywhere

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

http://m.androidcentral.com/zuckerberg-admits-fault-facebook-s-html5-focus-pledges-native-android-app

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes