Yahoo Mail setup on LG Revolution
CelticWarrior

I am trying to set up my Yahoo Mail account on my new LG Revolution, so that I am notified when I receive new messages. However, I am having difficulty doing so. I have the Yahoo Mail app downloaded from the Market and set up. I went into the Setup Wizard to confirm that my account was correctly established, which it was. (Green checkmark next to it in the list of accounts.) Went into my settings menu, accounts and sync, tapping the "add account" button, and choosing Yahoo from the list. Entered my user name and password correctly, hit the "sign in" button, account authenticated, and I was then given the options of getting my e-mail, Yahoo Messenger, and syncing my Yahoo contacts. I only want to do the first of these, so I unchecked the other two. Hit the "done" button after doing so, taken back to the "add an account" list (featuring MIcrosoft Exchange, Twitter, etc.), hit my back button to return to the accounts and sync page. Only four accounts were shown under the "manage accounts" section: Backup Assistant, Google/GMail, Facebook for LG, and Facebook for Android. My Yahoo account was not. 

Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to get this taken care of ASAP, as I get many important e-mails at this address. (And if anyone from Verizon responds...please, please, please don't tell me that a master reset is my only solution!)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Yahoo Mail setup on LG Revolution
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi CelticWarrior! No, I'm not going to recommend a master reset. I promise!! One thing I would like to know, though. You said you downloaded and installed the Yahoo Mail app from the market, but then stated that you've tried to set up the email through what sounds like the standard process. I would like to know why you downloaded an app and then not use it? It's possible that it is causing the problem. I would remove the app, and then set up email using the pre-installed email app. It already has Yahoo listed as an email service provider. You should already have an email icon on your home screen. Just click on it and you'll see a list of providers. Click on Yahoo and follow instructions. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo Mail setup on LG Revolution
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi CelticWarrior! No, I'm not going to recommend a master reset. I promise!! One thing I would like to know, though. You said you downloaded and installed the Yahoo Mail app from the market, but then stated that you've tried to set up the email through what sounds like the standard process. I would like to know why you downloaded an app and then not use it? It's possible that it is causing the problem. I would remove the app, and then set up email using the pre-installed email app. It already has Yahoo listed as an email service provider. You should already have an email icon on your home screen. Just click on it and you'll see a list of providers. Click on Yahoo and follow instructions. 

0 Likes