ZVB OTA Software Update
dbeauch

I am on ZV9 and I know there has been a software update to ZVB however my phone will not prompt me for it. When I check for an update it says there is no update available. What is wrong?

0 Likes
Re: ZVB OTA Software Update
akasome1else

Try this,

1: Install Google Drive - Back up all of the Pix, Music, Video, Docs and other files you want to keep, Backup all your app - App backup and restore version #3.0.4 will work for this quite well. Backup Contacts, Messages, Texts, Email etc. Basically BACKUP anything you want to keep or Move them to an EXTERNAL storage medium. SD card, HD, Cloud, etc.

2: Reset phone to factory specs. This wipes everything from the phone that was added since it left the FACTORY.

Go to Settings, Privacy, Factory data Reset, ---- Reset phone. This leaves it with only Factory installed firmware,apps and OS version from factory.

3; Reboot.

4: Go to Settings - "About Phone" select it, Then "Software Update" ------ phone will update to the latest version of OS/ software available for it.

ZVB will delete SOME of Verizon's BLOATWARE. Other than that it doesn't do much for the function, usability, or battery life of the Phone.

P.S.

I suggest you do the Software update via WiFi. 4G is good but can still drop signal and then you may brick the phone. OR at least not get the desired results.

Try it, then Restore all pix, apps , docs, etc. and the phone should act like it is new again ----- for a while. It will still have bloatware ( only SOME was deleted ) and will bog down just as it did before the "update".

HAPPY Installation !!!!

0 Likes
Re: ZVB OTA Software Update
dbeauch

Thank you for this advice. Unfortunately, I have already done a Factory Reset and still am not getting prompted for the OTA. I called Tech Support and they said that was odd and that if I don't get prompted for it over the next week or two that they will have to replace my device with a ZVB upgraded model. It's bizarre I cannot force the update somehow....

0 Likes