camera issues
mssmth13

When I try to launch my camera app, or try to take a picture , there's a black screen like the camera isn't functioning at all whatsoever. I just bought this phone about a month and a half ago. Anyone else having this issue ?

0 Likes
Re: camera issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mssmth13,

We are sorry to hear that you are having a problem with camera on your device. What device do you have? Have you tried closing your camera app? Let's work on this together.

RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mssmth13

I have the LG G2 (white)

0 Likes
Not applicable

Open the camera app. Then on the right hand side slide your finger up or down and make sure it is set for photo. Not Square.

The other thing to do is make sure you removed the plastic from the lens. No joke in have seen this happen since in most cases the owner did not know it was on there.Smiley Happy

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks mssmth13!

Have you tried what Elector suggested?  Let us know how this works out for you.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
poidoutduck

I have problems with my camera focusing on stages at concerts. it doesnt pick up individual lights, it looks like Im recording/taking pictures of just a big blob of light.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Poidoutduck,

Oh no! Picture memories are important, so I know annoying it can be when your camera is not working properly. When did this issue start? Is the lens clean? Is the focus turned "ON"? What Shot Mode is the device in? You can find instructions on how to check these settings here http://vz.to/1oo53Ue

0 Likes
poidoutduck

The issue started as soon as I got the phone. The quality with good lighting isnt a problem. It is during the night time, or very low lighting. I have tried numerous different setting when recording/taking pictures of the stage at shows that have a lot of lighting.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional feedback poidoutduck. Please be assured your camera is performing correctly. Situations with low to no light will be challenging for smartphone cameras. In these type of environments, the camera flash will help; however, video shoots will be difficult.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes