can't send photo attachments on email
cominguproses

I've had my LG G2 for about 5 weeks, and have never been able to send a photo attached to an email. They go fine on text messages, just not email. I always get "sending incomplete." I've resized, checked every setting I can find, and it just won't work. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: can't send photo attachments on email
Snn5
Legend

What email app are you using?  I do not recommend the stock email app as it has several issues. If possible make sure you are using the official app for the email you use. Such as Gmail for gmail and Outlook for Hotmail or Live accounts, or Yahoo Mail for Yahoo.

0 Likes
cominguproses
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There was no reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cominguproses, Let's get your emails sending photos, properly! It is definitely important to ensure you can use this feature. Snn5 asked which email application you're using and that's a great place to start. Are you using the preinstalled email client that came with the phone? Which service do you have your email through - Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo? Please share more details so we can figure this out, together.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Manscape1

I'd like to get in on this.....take the FIRST POST in this topic and that's my problem....emails sent from my LG G3 that get a photo attached will not send.....just read "cominguproses" post....and that's my situation......

The post above from Snn5 cites issues with the "stock" email app that comes with the phone and suggests using an email ID associated with its own email application....Gmail, Yahoo mail etc....but MY email ID is Verizon....@verizon.net....and it fails to work with an attachment on the default Verizon wireless email app....

So.....let's re-visit this problem and solve it......shall we?

Thanks, Manny

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Has your Verizon.net email ever worked correctly on your phone using the stock app?  Are you using the stock app for email?  Are all settings correct within the app to match the requirements for your server?  You could always create a bookmark from the webmail webpage and create a shortcut to that bookmark on your screen or folder.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/86...

http://wirelesssupport.verizon.com/phones/index.html?m=8&t=2

0 Likes
Manscape1

YES, the Verizon.net email accounts that I've had for years does work correctly on my Verizonwireless smartphone. Two email accounts, one with one email address and one with TWO email addresses (that receive incoming mail to both addresses in the same email webpage mixed together)......

Yes I'm using the stock app on the Verizon cell phone.....

I don't use "Outlook" or "Outlook Express" at all....

The links you posted.....the first one deals with POP and all that...but my cell phone works sending emails....just NOT attachments....it's the same problem as the first post in this thread describes...emails with attachments fail to send....yet if they are sent as emails from TEXT messaging with an attachment...they will send....but shown as:

phone number@vzwpix.com

...as the sender.

The second link you sent comes up as not available....

thanks for your efforts....I'll work on it as I can....

Manny

0 Likes