cannot connect to server message
G_S_B_

Bought 2 G2s and when I try to set up microsoft outlook e mail I get cannot connect to server error this is on both phones have checked all the settings for email acct been through support check list reset sim card ect. WiFi good.same error also when I try to sync cloud I get code 4001 error I assume these are related I am out of options what have I missed?  I am new to smartphones.

0 Likes
cannot connect to server message
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the server setting are not right for mobile email.  You should check the Microsoft Outlook FAQs pages for the correct server settings for android devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: cannot connect to server message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phones,G.S.B.!
As Ann154 mentioned, it seems as though there may be a problem with the server settings. You would need to confirm it with the email provider. Is it a personal or corporate email account?
Smartphones can be a learning experience for sure! Check out our free Wireless Workshop http://bit.ly/oc2kd5.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
G_S_B_

Through some research I got the mail to work problem now is I can send but can't receive emails.Also when I try to run my cloud app I get a code 4001 error when it tries to connect. thanks for your response

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update G.S.B. Is this a Microsoft Exchange account or what type of email? Send yourself and email from the device to see if it sends and receives. If you haven't already, make sure to reboot. For Verizon Cloud, please clear your Cache http://vz.to/1atzeTr.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
G_S_B_

Currently I am using Microsoft Exchange with a Hotmail server address found on a website. It is an Outlook account. I tried my email server settings got cannot connect to server, tried outlook.com app same thing. The Hotmail address got me halfway in that I can send but not receive email. I have tried manually getting emails, tried push no emails. I do all of my email on computer but would like access to it if the need ever arose. My g-mail works fine but is not my main email. As for cloud after reading the negative reviews I am no longer interested. Had I read the reviews I would not backed up my old phones to cloud. It is Junk.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want your email sending and receiving from your cell phone, G.S.B. I don't want you to give up on the Cloud service either. What is it about the Cloud that you're hesitant to use it? Do you get the error 4001 when selecting "Get Started" or after selecting what you'd like to back up to get to the account provisioning.

Also, have you reached out to your email provider directly to confirm the incoming and outgoing mail server serrings for your particular exchange server? Many times, exchange server settings are specific to each individual exchange account and can't be found with a general web search. Many times, exchange servers may have higher security required to set up on a mobile device and need different settings than setting it up through Outlook directly on your computer.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes