I have had 6 replacement phone since december. My phone freezes, the battery drains super fast, i get the error message home or processor not responding, booting my to the lock screen, restarting itself, and if it gets below 39% it goes to a black screen. I unplug my phone at 7:45am everyday and by 2pm it is dead. This is my lifeline. I am tired of getting the same phone sent to me and having the same problems. I have done soft resets, hard resets, downloading clean master, always making sure everything is shut down and nothing has worked. It is very fristerating. I do not have an upgrade until 7/16. What can I do since lg has not deemed it defective?
Have you been using insurance or sending your phone off for repair to LG?
You can try and troubleshoot your issues, or buy a used phone. Swappa.com is one I've been seeing. You could also by a full priced phone, but doubt you want to do that.
You will never get a different model. All I can say is try this:
Once you get the notification that the update is available or has already downloaded, BUT has yet to install:
1. Stay plugged into charger for the entire process
2. Charge to 100% and back up music, photos, files etc...contacts should be saved to Google Account and use Google Drive or Google Photos to back up with as well and apps are saved in a list in your My Apps screen in the Play Store app and online using the desktop page.
3. DISABLE Google backup and restore of apps and app data in your Backup and Reset tab in your phone's main settings screen.
4. Factory Reset the phone
5. Download and/or Install update from notification bar (may have to manually check for update in About Phone/System Update to kick start it) at next boot/power on after skipping set up if possible
6. Phone will reboot after installation. Factory reset one more time as soon as possible before setting up the phone (you may have to press the back button a few times to escape the set up screen, or you may be able to skip it. Just go back to the Backup and Reset tab and FDR again.
7. Unplug from charger at 100% recharged
8. Set up your phone however you like to include apps from your My Apps screen in either the Play Store App or from the PC webpage version
9. Leave phone on until it powers off
10. Leave off and recharge to 100%
This is my usual process and I have had no issues.
The reasons for disabling app data is due to the fact that DAVLIK is now ART and the Android Optimization process might not go as planned if you just slap the new OS over the old OS. Also, when you go back to the Play Store to download apps, they will be the correct version this time for this OS.
My LG G2 must be special if it's the last one on earth that works. Then again I once had to go through 6-7 replacements before they sent me a phone that actually worked and would have kept on going if I had to.