email issues after the 12b update
akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the update the stock email client no longer pushes email. I've checked all of the settings and they are correct. This isnt my first smartphone and push mail means push. my personal, work and school exchange email accounts all suffer the same issue. The only way to get them to sync  at a decent interval is to open the account and manually refresh. Some email will push eventually but not as items arrive.

Using other email clients has been my solution for now but i would much rather have the streamlined experience of using the built in client. Will there be another update coming soon for the bug fixes cause by the latest update?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email issues after the 12b update
akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

, i wouldnt really call it a minor patch since the major point of having a connected device is to be connected. The solution that you offer is commendable and is one that i previously tried but because of the missing functions its a bandaid solution for those who are looking to regain full functionality. It works for you and thats great but not for all.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jrid32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues! I have called Verizon Tech Support and they told me to either download K9 mail or talk with LG. Neither worked. Now they are shipping me a new G2, but I know that will not work either.

This is a software issue not a hardware issue.

PLEASE provide a software fix. Other are having the same issues: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-lg-g2/347858-verizon-lg-g2-exchange-email-issues-after-upda...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

akinsac,

I know how important it is to receive all your emails; I'm happy to help you get this resolved for you. I appreciate you adjusting the email settings a few times. In order to determine what's going on, I need to know your email provider please. In addition, in the Settings Menu, please ensure 'Days to Sync Email' is at least 3 days and you don't have a Message size limit too restricting.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use three different email addresses. one provided by my employer the state of california, one from my college which is hosted using google apps for education, and my personal which is provided by outlook.com. I have gone through the setting multiple time and they are correct and i have set the sync to push mail from 3 days up to all and none of these setting have given me consistent push email. also i just wanted to make sure to say that i dont limit the size of my incoming emails.

0 Likes
Jrid32
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I received the replacement phone today. The "Push" Exchange email worked great until.... I installed the update. Then what do you know, "Push" no longer works for my Exchange email. As I stated earlier to Verizon this is not a hardware issue, but a software issue.

0 Likes
MJO20

Thank god someone else is having these issues!!  I called Verizon and the two reps I spoke with were no help at all.  They tried everything, and in the end still nothing works.  It is clearly a software issue and VZW needs to fix this ASAP or I am selling this phone and moving on.  I use Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, and AOL and not one of these emails pushes anymore since the update.  It's shocking they could do something to mess up Gmail considering its an Android phone!  Please fix this ASAP, I can't keep missing important emails when I don't manually update each email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're still having issues with your email akinsac. I can understand how frustrating this is becoming. Have you tried to delete the email completely and set it up again? The last step would be a reset on your device yet. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1b7Y6QY . Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've reset the device twice. Its some sort of software bug stopping the sync. I assume the same for lack of html email coming through correctly such as showing images from anyone having mail pushed from any domain using m.hotmail.com as a server as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

akinsac,

Rats! We really appreciate your attempts. But I do have one more thing to share. Please go to Settings > Mobile Data > Menu and then make sure "Restrict background data" is NOT checked. If it isn't already, please toggle the setting. Then test and share results.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

No luck with that either. background data is enabled.

0 Likes