hotspot won't work until reboot
irishale

I have an LG G2 on android 4.4.2.... and my hotspot won't work until I reboot the phone.  This is extremely annoying, as the only time I need the hotspot, I need it NOW, not in a few minutes.   How to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: hotspot won't work until reboot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Irishale,

Look no further help is here! I definitely want you to be able to use the mobile hotspot on your phone when ever you need it.

Did this start after the software update? Have you done a hard reset since the update?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What system update?  My log shows download failed on Nov 24 2014 error code 412.  I have 26A.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Snn5,

Lets get this fixed asap! When you attempt to turn on the hotspot what error message do you receive? When did the issue start?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I don't use the hotspot.  Apparently my issue started Nov 24, 2014 when I had a system update download failure with error code 412.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snn5,

Gotcha! Having a software update failure is definitely not normal. We need to get that software installed, and we need it to go smoothly for you. This may require a Factory Reset. Please back up your phone's information first as a factory reset will erase the entire phone and then follow these steps -> http://vz.to/1lGsddB  Let us know if the hotspot is still misbehaving after the reset is done.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Currently techs think a new Sim will help where phone replacements and network extenders won't. The update planned for Dec 20 is rumoured to help, but since it is HD voice related I'm doubting it. Resets don't work and I'm not willing to take another replacement after 3 G2s 3 Sim cards 1 network extender and having several features being disabled to try to fix the issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snn5,

I'm wondering something. You said the hotspot issue going on is related to the HD Voice capabilities. What has you thinking that is the case? When you say the hotspot won't work are you saying that the option to turn it on is not available or that you can turn it on, but no devices will see the phone to connect to it?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You have me confused with irishale.  I don't use the hotspot.

0 Likes