how did you fixed your headphone jack breaking since verizon sucks at customer service
trombonekuhn
Enthusiast - Level 2

My headphone jack literally just stopped working. All the stuff I have read online is showing that most LG G2 users have this exact problem. I would like to know how to get mine fixed since verizon is sending me on a rat race to find out what to do.

0 Likes
Re: how did you fixed your headphone jack breaking since verizon sucks at customer service
Snn5
Legend

I have owned a G2 for 1 year, 4 of them actually.  None had this problem, but to be fair, I only used headphones of the plug in type on the first one...bluetooth LG HBS750s since.

0 Likes
Re: how did you fixed your headphone jack breaking since verizon sucks at customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trombonekuhn, I don't want you to be going on any kind of rat race! Let's make sure that we are able to get your device working the way it should. Have you tried to use a different pair of headphone int he jack? Was there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the phone? Also, is the headphone jack clear of any lint or debris? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
trombonekuhn
Enthusiast - Level 2

There has been no damage to the phone. I have tried four different head phones. When it started all i had to do was twist the head phone and the phone would lose connection. When that happens on the LG it completely stops playing music, turns the display screen on, and sometimes changed settings while in my pocket. I used compressed air to try to clean it and a paper clip. Shortly after it completely stopped working unless i held it in place which of course is horribly annoying. I use my phone with its million features and apps to basically make phone calls, text, flash light, and you guessed it, listen to music. Without music i have , literally, little use for this phone. Trying to contact customer service has been extraordinarily frustrating. I called the store i bought the phone and told the girl working that from what i read online, this phone suffers from this problem a lot. To me that means the manufacturer is selling faulty product that will knowingly break. And of all things, the head phone Jack? They've been around for how many years now? The girl working agreed with me that they break often and told me to remove the battery and put it back in. On a phone that doesn't allow you to remove the battery. Then she gives me a number i call that then tells me to get some other phone to call a different number which is not what i need. I need information on how to fixed or have it replaced. I had purchased insurance but when my card maxed the insurance plan was cancelled. I've had it for over a year so the warranty is gone. Now I have a phone that doesn't do the one thing i like it to do While employees admit to me they break often over the very problem i presented. Very frustrating to buy a phone, which by the way is really a great phone, that can no longer do what my 20 year old CD player can still do, connect to the headphone jack.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Even if it was under warranty, the paper clip thing sure would have voided it.

Have you tried buying or using blutooth headphones?

A hard reset (yes, believe it or not, that sometimes clears that issue)

Otherwhise, certified like new from verizon or you can try 3rd party sites like www.swappa.com ebay, etc.

Best wishes.

0 Likes
trombonekuhn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats what it says to do online man. My warranty is already gone. now im stuck with a broken phone n if thats the case ill be lowering my data to the lowest i can and go back to using an old phone that actually works at somerthing as simple as playing music

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Did you see any of my other recommendations?

0 Likes
trombonekuhn
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, they are still very expensive. i would buy a bluetooth headset but they all tend to use ear buds that stick into your ear and I cannot use those. the other kinds go around your ear entirely n i cant use thoe either bc they suck for working out and other reasons

0 Likes
trombonekuhn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even posting directly on the Verizon website and still their customer service lacks service. The lady i spoke to at the store was completely unhelpful. The number She gave me, unhelpful. The live chat is a complete joke and waste of time. And now here, nothing. Thank you Verizon. I'll keep this complete lack of service in mind

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trombonekuhn,

We never want you to feel this way? We understand how this is frustrating. We want to make sure we work on a resolution. Is there anything in the headset port? Any lint or debris? How long have you had the device?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes