how do I redo a restore of my text messages from cloud onto my replacement phone - after it timed out halfway t
fci

I started the original restore using my wifi .... and it got less than halfway through.  Some of the saved text messages came through - most did not.  Not sure how to restart that restore

0 Likes
Re: how do I redo a restore of my text messages from cloud onto my replacement phone - after it timed out halfway t
1purplegodess
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to the cloud app on your phone, press the button at the top left and go to tools, and then do content restore. It'll ask what content you want to restore. Leave the boxes checked for the things you want restored. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: how do I redo a restore of my text messages from cloud onto my replacement phone - after it timed out halfway t
tbo27
Master - Level 2

If you don't get all your sms back next time load sms backup+ which syncs and puts a folder in your Gmail account Labeled sms or use gcloud

0 Likes
1purplegodess
Enthusiast - Level 1

It did that to me a few times too. Make sure you're doing this over wi-fi

connectivity. Keep attempting the restore and it should eventually go

through. I had to do mine at least 10 times. I had over 29k text messages

to restore.

zmann32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.

I've tried over a dozen times now, and it never gets past about 32% before it thinks it's completed the restore job, so most of my messages are missing.

How do I fix this, other than just keep trying?

I am restoring from an S3 to an S5

0 Likes