how do i get my drop down notification bar back?
stowe2003

My pull down notification bar and qslide bar have disappeared from my lg g2 and i ahve not downloaded anything new other than kitkat update.

0 Likes
Re: how do i get my drop down notification bar back?
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think there is a way to disable the Notification Shade using Xposed Framework, but that would have required you modify your device in a way that would void your warranty, so I doubt you did that.

Did you attempt to power-down and restart your device? If not, see if that restores the shade.

If you do that and it doesn't restore the shade, try installing a program like Notification Weather and see if it does something to reset the state of the shade. Then if it's working, uninstall that new program.

HTH

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Stowe2003,

Oh no! Updates should improve the device. I apologize that this did not occur. Are those notification bars turned on http://vz.to/1kwY7WS ? Please soft reset the device to see if the bars return as well http://vz.to/1kwXPPL . Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
stowe2003

I have tried the soft reset and made sure everything is activated. I have even went as far as doing a hard reset and still does not work.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If a Hard Reset (Factory Data Reset) did not restore the shade, you probably have to get the phone replaced.

Frankly, I thought installing some programs that work with the Notification Shade might get this working again. But if an FDR wont, that plan of attack isn't likely to succeed.

Are you sure you tried an FDR?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stowe2003,

Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you have done. Given that you have done a factory reset of the device and the notification bar is still not visible it is time to look into replacement options. Please private message me so we can review your account for options.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tiffstar82

This is happening to me, too. I've done the resets and nothing works to fix the missing drop down. It happens sporadically. Can someone contact me to help fix?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It was a problem with the touch screen area response.  You should replace via warranty exchange if possible.

0 Likes
Tiffstar82

Can you tell if replacement is an option for me?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

NO, I am a customer, but Verizon can tell you.  If you have had it less than a year, you have warranty.  If you have extended or total mobile protection after the first year, you're covered.

0 Likes