knock code..Is our update patch otw or mia?We are dead last.Weeks behind
atspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to know if we are getting the update that includes knock code, fixes for Bluetooth ghost battery drain stats, full screen album art, and all around optimizations . DON'T BLAME LG EITHER THIS IS ENTIRELY CARRIER RELATED. We have waited long enough and watched the entire world get it.  Every carrier has updated and the last was over 2 weeks ago. We are the only variant without it just like with the 4.4.2 update we got very late. It was weeks after everyone had it honestly and months after at&t. There has been nothing but praise about the update also. Maybe, just maybe someone with big red can give some info. Rooting this phone isn't something I want to do and shouldn't given its age and internals. It should still be a top supported phone. LG has changed and its software is supported by them better than ever now and we deserve to see it just like the rest of the world. We deserve a yes or no at this point at least because the patch isn't a secret or rumor anymore. The giant secret vzw umbrella needs putting down for once.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: knock code..Is our update patch otw or mia?We are dead last.Weeks behind
tbo27
Master - Level 2

I have a vzw g2. Also working fine on 4.4.2 . I have no idea when they'll release an update but I know they are typically slow doing so. It is what it is

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Its evident you don't have a clue about phone updating.

LG is the only one with Google that can fix phone issues you describe. And not all the other carriers have been given the update.

My wife owns the LG G2 and there has been no further update sent to her device.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

My sister n Law has the same phone and she said it's been a long time since she's gotten any updates she Loves her phone though,  no issues either..

atspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's evident you do not understand what I meant and also have no clue about updates. What other model besides the vs980 doesn't have knock code? I'm curious to know. 800,801,802,803,ls980 all have it.

It's the radios and carrier tweeks (Bloatware) that set them apart. The basebands/radios are the difference with the actual software per device. Which really isn't software as it is drivers the software supports. LG'S Optimus UI is the same in every model g2 which means LG/Google's  software with knock code and those other optimizations have been released.

LG has released their knock code patch and addressed the Bluetooth stats that show battery drain in the stats after a days use even though it isn't. LG also incorporated full screen album art on the lock screen with the patch. LG and Google have released the update and software and that's just the truth. It is more than likely a radio and bloat optimization holdup like usual..

Actually the updates were AT&T in June, T-Mobile & sprint in July. Internationally it has been released in between those dates.

Before you assume I'm clueless maybe you should do some reading on other sites like xda where an international audience is present. I also don't see where I list any "issues" either. I never said my phone was not doing something. I stated my phone was missing things others have had for a while now. What I described were software optimizations not actual problems.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

OK so you're not clueless . when you get that much anticipated update and the phone has issues I guess we'll be seeing more complaining

Not applicable

Maybe you should read my post again.

My wife has Sprint. She has no issues. However Sprint and LG has released an update a few months ago for the LG G2. Why would I care about devices I don't use or own.

[You said]

LG has released their knock code patch and addressed the Bluetooth stats that show battery drain in the stats after a days use even though it isn't. LG also incorporated full screen album art on the lock screen with the patch. LG and Google have released the update and software and that's just the truth.

[/You said]

However you are incorrect, my wife received no such update. So all carriers don't actually have it. Or they are keeping it till they are ready to release it.

Good Luck

0 Likes
atspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

If your wife's g2 is missing knock code on a sprint network then she needs to try side loading from a computer or go give Sprint a visit. Their update is live and been released publically. It is the zvd update that was released on 7/21/14.  Find and update the software version on your LG G2         

Since you do not own a Verizon vs980 LG G2 then you shouldn't be trolling my real question much less telling me what I do or do not understand. This isn't a who knows more battle or what a Sprint phone is doing. This is Verizon vs980 specific and it should stay that way. My question is a real one that I'm sure others on Verizon are wondering to.

I never said I had issues. The update I am referring to fixes unfinished things as knock code, album art, and ghost battery stats. They are not hindering my phone or operation. It is an enhancement update and I simply wanted to know if someone in big red can update us on a time.

Stop with the I have issues. Software isn't an issue. Software can be modified and totally erased or changed. That's exactly what devs do when rooting.. Hardware issues is not what I'm talking about and never did.. My G2 has been supported with a patch by LG an that's what I originally asked about. I do not want to go root a phone when LG is releasing approved updates for it.

All I wanted is a simple answer from someone who understands. This thread has become pointless over this trolling and that's honestly sad. Honest questions cant get honest answers because everyone claims to know more than the next guy even if they have done no research about the topic.

Now I see why nobody else asks questions here besides standard help topics.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

I have a vzw g2. Also working fine on 4.4.2 . I have no idea when they'll release an update but I know they are typically slow doing so. It is what it is

Not applicable

[Quote]

Every carrier has updated and the last was over 2 weeks ago. We are the only variant without it just like with the 4.4.2 update we got very late.

[/quote]

I never said you had issues. Please learn to read what I wrote again.

I take issue with what you claim in the quote above. I used my wife as reference that on Sprint no such update or patch is available. The LG G2 on Sprint is not that much different than on Verizon wireless.

Just because I don't use one ( I have used many LG's in the past ending with the Spectrum on Verizon)

And have owned many android devices so it is not trolling to tell you that you are incorrect.  

Your statement is incorrect because the other carriers still have complaints about knock on etc. Not working still.

That was what I was pointing out.

Verizon is not obligated to even update your device. And I don't buy devices for updates. They work when I purchase them and if they get updated that is a bonus. Sometime its best not to get updates that make the device not work as before.

Good Luck

Not applicable

I want to add an apology in regards to your post regarding Sprint and the ZVD update.

My wife just told me she received it a few days ago. I just checked under About Phone -Software Version

And it did update.

So I owe you an apology. I never even knew she needed it since it works great without it.