lg revolution Android 2.3 update
icelife2001

I was just wondering when are they gonna release the 2.3 update for the revolution. Every time I try to talk to customer support they say they don't know or can't tell me but that its coming real soon.

0 Likes
Re: lg revolution Android 2.3 update
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Nobody knows just yet just that it might be soon

0 Likes
icelife2001

I know but everyone is saying that the update is suppose to come out some time this month and IM really enthusiastic about it coming out. I hope it really does come out and fix everything on this phone plus 2.3 is made to make your phone run faster and keep your battery from draining out quickly.  I f anybody else heard something that would be great.

0 Likes
holla

i love the revolution.its a good phone but disaapointed that verizon didnt put gingerbread on this device stocked.and w/other carriers who has this same model(metro pcs).How in the world did they phone come stocked w/it and ours didnt :smileysad:  and everyone keep saying that gingerbread is coming soon for us revolution users but i'm starting to doubt that we will get it.i mean thunderbolt got their update and the droid charge and wasnt the revolution like the 2nd lte phone by verizon but yet it get left in the dust.Phones that not even 4g has gingerbread.I just dont get it nor understand what verizon was thinking..so my thoughts to them is pls update os for revolution users so we can enjoy our phone even more

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Charge was the 2nd LTE phone on Verizon, we still haven't gotten 2.3 Gingerbread at all, or do I think we are any closer, Samsung nor Verizon will say anything about it at all. At least LG posts from time to time on their forums or through twitter and such that Gingerbread is at least being worked on and will be coming, we can't even get that out of Samsung or Verizon, they act like it doesn't exist at all, even though there have been leaks of it well over four months now. Has anyone gotten Gingerbread for their Revolution today? How is it working for you all? Snappier speeds? Better battery life? Refresed UI slightly? Hope it goes well for Revolution owners maybe one day us Charge owners will get Gingerbread.

0 Likes
alanb4130
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are not usind data turn it off. It really adds to battery life. Dont leave wifi on or GPS on and especially data.

0 Likes
maisy321

Gingerbread has been installing now for 2 hours for me. It just keeps turning on and off and the time is wrong. i removed battery and turned back on, but it keeps rebooting over and over.

Anyone else have problems???

0 Likes
triplejrocks

maisy321 wrote:

Gingerbread has been installing now for 2 hours for me. It just keeps turning on and off and the time is wrong. i removed battery and turned back on, but it keeps rebooting over and over.

Anyone else have problems???

you and me both are in the same boat.

0 Likes
tylertlong

I'm having the exact same problem. Worst off, I'm a truck driver so i have no other connection to the internet and no way to get to a Verizon store in a few days. This has basically crippled me, since I use my phone for EVERYTHING. I really hope they get this sorted out soon...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for sharing your concerns with the community. I am sad to hear that the phone is not working at all after the update. If anyone is still having any of these issues where the phone is constantly rebooting, I would suggest a factory reset. This will erase all data on the phone and reset it back to factory default settings. The new software will still be on the phone. If you are still having issues after this, the phone will need to be replaced. 

0 Likes