messaging
rjwalker

i have the g2.

have trouble sending multimedia messages, whether to more than 1 person or a picture message. just keeps saying sending sending sending. get sick of waiting. end up deleting it.

something in my settings?

thanx

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: messaging
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning wi-fi off (but leave cellular data turned on) when sending/receiving MMS texts.  MMS' require a data connection to send/receive and won't work over wi-fi.  If both wi-fi and cellular data are turned on, the phone should switch seamlessly, but on some phones it doesn't.  Not sure if it's an issue with your particular phone or not, but it's worth trying.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your cellular data connection turned on and active?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rjwalker

yes

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning wi-fi off (but leave cellular data turned on) when sending/receiving MMS texts.  MMS' require a data connection to send/receive and won't work over wi-fi.  If both wi-fi and cellular data are turned on, the phone should switch seamlessly, but on some phones it doesn't.  Not sure if it's an issue with your particular phone or not, but it's worth trying.

0 Likes
rjwalker

thanx. i will try that

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rjwalker, I hope the steps above have helped with sending multimedia messages. If you are still having issues please visit... http://bit.ly/yN1P80

Thanks,
KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Aviedo

I am having the same problem. It happens randomly, sometimes I can send and receive an MMS, sometimes I can send or receive one but a second one will not go through and sometimes I cannot send or receive any. I have tried turning off WiFi  (which I shouldn't have to do and how would I know if someone was trying to send me one to turn it off anyway?) and it does not make a difference. I have also tried to send an MMS by choosing it while viewing the photo I wish to send and I have tried by starting the message first and then trying to attach the photo. Neither way made a difference in whether or not it sent.

I used to at least get a constant "sending" or "downloading" which never completed but today my daughter tried multiple times to send me photos via MMS and I didn't even get the "downloading" message so I had no idea that she was trying to send me anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Aviedo,
'
Thanks for sharing the details of your messaging concerns. We want you to be able to use all of the functions on your device so you can share precious memories with the ones you love. May I ask are you using the stock text messaging app when sending pics? Also, can I assume that these are pics that you took with the phone's camera? Are you having issues receiving pics? As you share the details then we can get this resolved once and for all.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Aviedo

Yes as stated it involves both sending and receiving using the stock application with pictures I took myself on the G2. Others that have complained of this random problem seem to think it has something to do with the phone not switching from wifi to data automatically.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this additional information Aviedo. Can you please try placing your phone in Safe Mode, and attempt to resend a picture please. Let's see if the picture will go through. To place your phone into Safe Mode, please follow this link:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/87334/

Let us know if this helps out, Aviedo. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes