multiple text messages
kanajune
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contacts report that they receive sometimes 10 duplicate copies of my TMs.  I have reset the phone and now it is down to 2-3 copies but still occuring.  This morning my TM had no text in it, but that may have been due to the outage reported.  Anyone else have the duplicate TM issue?

0 Likes
Re: multiple text messages
scrosler

Yes, mine is doging the exact same thing. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

That is strange that you are having issues with your text messaging. Once in a while I have had issues with my text messaging.  Usually it was been driven by a 3rd party text app that I have used.  Are you using a 3rd party application for text messaging? Can you tell me what software version you are running? Have you had any other issues with the phone? Please answer these questions so I can help you resolve your text messaging issues. Thanks.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

SammuelP wrote:

That is strange that you are having issues with your text messaging. Once in a while I have had issues with my text messaging.  Usually it was been driven by a 3rd party text app that I have used.  Are you using a 3rd party application for text messaging? Can you tell me what software version you are running? Have you had any other issues with the phone? Please answer these questions so I can help you resolve your text messaging issues. Thanks.

I have same problem and it will receive up to 4 the same message one after another and then maybe 10 minutes later I will get the same message again. My wife said she was getting the same on her Revo, she was in Vegas last week and I was in Michigan when this was happening. We have our phones updated and no 3rd party apps for messages.

0 Likes
kanajune
Enthusiast - Level 2

No third party text messaging apps, just whatever Verizon uses.  It is still happening but I have noticed one thing.  When signal is low or transitioning it seems to happen more often.  Right now it is only 2-3 duplicate TMs but when I travel I expect it will increase.

Weird......

0 Likes
hyperducky

I experienced this problem a while ago as well.  It took me a while to get Verizon to admit that this was a problem within their network, they all wanted to blame it on the fact that it was occurring to an AT&T customer but it is a verizon problem.  If you want it fixed be prepared to have to go thru customer service and spend hours with them on another phone too.  It is a phone connection routing problem.  I live between LA and SF and the towers north of me must be routed to a data connection thru northern Cal and the towers south of me thru Southen Cal.  the phone is connected to two towers and each router (north and south) is send its own message.  might also be a problem with the revolution too we all know they are junk.

0 Likes
hchellberg

All of my friends, whether they are using and Android phone or an iphone all complain that they are getting my texts 3 times...has anyone come up with a fix for this????

0 Likes
melz

Im having the same Problem!!!! When I text other verizon users the are receiving the same message 2-3 times. This has been going on the last 2 days! Not looking forward to spending hours on the phone with Verizon!

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

It's not just spending so much time on phone with Verizon it's the time it takes to reload your phone after they tell you to do a factory reset. I have done it so many times and problems still here, freezing up, slow to switch to something else, phone shutting off, constantly pulling battery to get phone to turn back on and mutiple text messages. I'm tired of this phone and VZW wont do anything

Message was edited by: bulldog69

0 Likes
djs69stang
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past week, any of my contacts get my text 3x.  Phone type, provider, irrelevant.  Is this an LGRevo problem or Verizon issue? 

0 Likes