my inbox shows i have a message, but when I go to look at it, there isn't anything there...help please
lmtrzep

my text message icon shows I have a text message but when I go to look at the message, there isn't one?

0 Likes
Re: my inbox shows i have a message, but when I go to look at it, there isn't anything there...help please
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
lmtrzep,

Let's get rid of that "ghost"message for you. How long has it been there? What message app do you use? Do you have any messages in your inbox or have you deleted them all away?

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: my inbox shows i have a message, but when I go to look at it, there isn't anything there...help please
Snn5
Legend

You might have a missed message somewhere within the individual messages.  I'd start by either backing up all the messages with a backup app and then deleting, or try deleting the short threads first and then start on the longer threads.

0 Likes
Ses85

Hi,

I still have a "ghost message." it happened after a group text. One of my friends sent a photo. I wasn't able to open it. I clicked on every message in that thread and it still counted one I unopened message on my home screen. So I clicked on all other message threads up to that day and the day before. It didn't help. I deleted ALL of my text messages and it didn't help. I also use "What's app" and Facebook Messenger app.

Also, I liked when the "new text" icon used to appear on my lock screen. After an update I was asked about my settings preference and I don't know how I accidentally changed that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets examine the issue further. May I ask if you've cleared cache and data from the application? This may be completed by heading into Settings > Applicaiton Manager > All > Messaging. You may need to force stop before clearing cache / data.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes