phone freezing,randomly shuts off, not sending messages,dropping calls
stephh2021
Enthusiast - Level 1

i got the LG G2  in may when i signed up for it. it worked great until about july-august. it keeps freezing when sending messages, it will even not send messages at times that i wrote hours ago. then it shuts off randomly while im on the phone, it will drop most of my calls, sometimes wont let me answer my calls. i tried soft reset, factory reset, i tried turning my phone off for a long period of time, clearing my history every hour. it still over heats. at this point i have no idea what to do? iv tried everything and at this point i am stuck because it wont let me upgrade until 2017. im about ready to buy a phone for retail price.

PLEASE HELP Smiley Sad

Re: phone freezing,randomly shuts off, not sending messages,dropping calls
Rooskie42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issues. Phone seems to over heat, text messages take a long time to send. I am lucky I can even get the keyboard to appear to type a text. I get a message saying the Text Messaging has stopped working. What is going on??? My phone started acring up around August as well & I can't upgrade till next fall. I have only had the phone for a little over a year...

stephh2021
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine did that today . it kept saying messaging has stopped ,I'm about to pay retail price for something else

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to the rescue stephh2021. So that we can look into this further, I have sent you a Private Message.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rooskie42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I please get some help, too?  Same issues....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rooskie42,

Help has arrived. Sorry for the delay, we know having a properly working phone is vital. When did these issues start? When the device overheats is it warm but can still be held or warm but uncomfortable? When your text messages are delayed, are you still able to make and receive phone calls properly?

Thanks,
PamelaFF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Soultroube

Mine is doing the exact same thing.  It was fine until the last OS update from April or so.  I check for updates at least once a week.  Now the phone runs incredibly slow, no matter how many times I clear out the memory and or restart the phone.  I heavily rely on my phone for my job.  I can make calls but I can't get texts out.  I have one that says its "sending" for about an hour or so now and another that took 10 minutes to send.  It also gets very hot just sitting in my pocket and the battery life has gone from great to awful.  It resets whenever it feels like it...especially when it's running exceptionally slow or it just freezes for no reason. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

A factory reset is the best option in this case.

0 Likes
Soultroube

Yeah...that was what I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do.  I know with my old phone, I was having to do that like once a month.  It's just time for a new phone Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I FDR'd my G2 about once every 3 months, and always before an OS update, no matter if it is major or incremental.  Reason being, and I know it sounds like a hassle, is because I install and uninstall apps frequently and the artifacts left behind were not always solved by cache and storage cleanup.  I also have good detailed backups of my contacts and such...mostly in the cloud, and NEVER restore apps or their data when I FDR. This helps start truly fresh without confliction. Only real issues I had with the G2 were related to Verizon services and features and less related to the LG side of the software/hardware. My G4 is a beast so far.

0 Likes