phone shuts off when it wants to
coldjerry

my phone wants to shut off and putting it on the charger makes it go back to normal and the battery is not dead when it dioes this been at any where from 25% to over 50 on the battery

0 Likes
Re: phone shuts off when it wants to
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
You have an awesome phone coldjerry. I'm sorry its not working properly but we are here to help get those issues resolved for you. Did you have any software updates recently? How long have you had this issue? Is there any issues with your charger or charging port?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
coldjerry

did the update that was on the phone about a month ago i think and it started about 2 weeks ago and the charger and port do not have any issues it will charge fine but the battery life now is not any good when it shuts down and u try to turn it back on it keeps shutting down so when it is put back on the charger it will turn on and stay on

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If this started right after the update, a factory reset is your best option.

Read posts 3 and 4 here: Galaxy S4 Lollipop Roll-Out Begins

These steps are the same for any Android.

0 Likes
tdunnusa
Enthusiast - Level 2

A factory reset might have worked for some but it made no difference for me.  Battery drain is horribly bad just as it was before factory reset AND phone goes to 1x once a day at least requiring me to power down phone, remove SIMM, power on phone, shut down phone and insert SIMM and power back on.  I now HATE this phone it's almost useless!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tdunnusa,

We're very sorry to hear that! We want to make sure you love your phone. Let's make sure we get it back in tip top shape. After doing the reset, did you install your apps back on the phone? Have we tried the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/1C72zjh?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes