picture mail
shestrikealot

Since updating to KK, I can no longer send or receive pictures, any one else having this issue? When sending I get message "attachment size limit is exceeded" regardless of size. I'm using stock camera and I'm not rooted, when receiving pics its just a broken image..any suggestions..

0 Likes
Re: picture mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this issue and explore options to resolve it pronto shestrikealot! I see that you are using stock camera app, how about messaging application? Which Messaging app do you use? If not stock, try deleting your app and test with stock app. Or download, install and test with Verizon Messages App. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
dsykesjr

I have had the same issue since the kk upgrade. I have downloaded VZ Messaging, tried stock app, and hangouts and nothing will work.

0 Likes
dsykesjr

I have had the same issue since the kk upgrade. I have downloaded VZ Messaging, tried stock app, and hangouts and nothing will work.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I can tell you that on the LG G2 (My wife owns it) you must go into the camera settings and set it for MMS which is a much lower resolution to send via MMS. There are other settings which are very high and I was amazed.

Then flip the front facing camera around and change the settings again to lower resolution.

Her phone sends perfectly.

Additionally you can go into Photos or Gallery and click on the photo and send via MMS or email that way.

Good Luck

0 Likes
dsykesjr

When you open the camera through a text I would have assumed the mms

setting would be automatic, would it not?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Not being an expert I can only state what I did on my wife's LG G2.

She took pictures of the garden and she had a problem sending as both a email and text/mms.

I noticed that the camera had a special setting for MMS. on email it sent only up to what the isp email allows I think it was 10 MB

After she retook the pictures at the lower MMS setting they went out with no errors.

If you have the text/mms open and do an attachment I am sure it knows its a multimedia message but it would have no way of knowing the size of the photo. Size is what determines if it can be sent via MMS or even email.

Good Luck

0 Likes
shestrikealot

Im using the stock messaging app, however I did do a hard reset 2 weeks ago and it fixed the issue but today it reverted back to not sending or receiving pictures again, I would like another option besides wiping phone clean.Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello skestrikealot,

Your patience is greatly appreciated. I'm glad to see that the picture mail was working after you have completed the hard reset. Let's do a deep dive on this issue together. May I ask did you restore all of the apps that you have on the device immediately after the hard reset? In many cases, a third party app may conflict with the stock messaging app. I would suggest using the device in safe mode and test. Here's a link on how to do so, http://vz.to/1velIjk.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dsykesjr

I thought I was the only one, but my phone also reverted back to this issue two weeks after I did a hard reset.

0 Likes