problem with downloading emails
slvl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased the LG G2.  I love the phone but it keeps downloading old emails that I have already read and deleted from my phone.  I have the phone set so that it does not automatically delete my emails from the email server.  This did not happen on my old phone.  Any ideas on how to prevent this?  It happens randomly, not every time it syncs to download emails.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: problem with downloading emails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

slvl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you have had troubles with emails on your device. To clarify these are emails that you deleted from your device but not from the overall email server though? If so, any emails deleted from the original phone will only apply to that phone and not to any other device. If you delete them from your overall email service it will not come back on your phone, but not syncing the deleted items on your phone with your server will allow them to stay. If this is the case you will either need to do a complete sync or delete the emails the same as before. Please keep us updated if you have any issues.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
slvl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply. On my old phone only emails that had not previously been downloaded from my email provider would be downloaded to my phone. In other words only new emails not previously read. On the G2 it randomly downloads old emails. The number of emails and time frame that this occurs is not intermittent. Sometimes I only receive new emails which is what I would expect to happen. I do not believe that the old emails should keep appearing on my phone. I should not have to go into my Cox account and delete emails just to prevent them from reappearing on my phone.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Re: problem with downloading emails"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1024573#1024573

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the information slvl. I know this is frustrating. Have you tried to remove the email accounts from your phone and then reset them up again? This may help with your issue. The last step is to a hard reset which disables all apps pushes phone back to factory settings. This may help because you get to readd functionalities and apps you only need on your device. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
grh123

My replacement Droid is doing the same thing - every 15 minutes when it checks for email, it downloads older and older messages. I've deleted everything on my provider's server so these shouldn't be coming from there. I tried uninstalling and re-setting up email but it didn't work.

0 Likes