Enthusiast - Level 3

when touch certain area on screen does not respond to touch. sort of sticks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: screen non-responsive to touch
Snn5
Legend

I would recommend talking with LG about a possible repair, but do remember that this is going to cost you a repair fee, as no doubt the phone is out of warranty by now.  Unless you have Verizon's extended warranty, and in that case, call Verizon from another phone for replacement or repair.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my goodness! That can really put a black cloud on your day, mackdaddy59. Let’s work together and find a solution. When did this start happening? Did anything change on the phone around the time the issue started? Is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This was a known issue a couple years ago.  Some had their digitizer replaced under warranty.  Also, make sure the screen is clean with no moisture, also that any screen protector is positioned correctly.  If using a case with a built in protector, this causes issues sometimes as well.  Do you have any other areas specifically that do not respond such as dragging the notification bar down or typing on the keyboard?

0 Likes
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

When dialing a number icons pop up and have to continually push backspace until number appears. Do not have screen protector. Would you recommend digitizer?

0 Likes
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

No to both. When dialing a phone number icons pop up at times

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I would recommend talking with LG about a possible repair, but do remember that this is going to cost you a repair fee, as no doubt the phone is out of warranty by now.  Unless you have Verizon's extended warranty, and in that case, call Verizon from another phone for replacement or repair.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your screen not work as it should is cause for concern, mackdaddy59. Let's dig into this. When did this issue start happening? Had anything happened to the device (i.e. software update, phone dropped, etc.) around the time this started?

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

No phone suffered no damage. Now can't even text correctly. It appears there is a dead spot on phone. Took phone to Verizon and they suggest we apply to get another phone

0 Likes
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

had to replace phone after trying different techniiques with rep  all failed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a big concern that needs to be addressed, Mackdaddy59. Let's review this together. What kind of phone do you have?

JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes