text problems
kerry4835
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, All of a sudden this morning my text messenger stopped working. It just gives me "unfortunately messenger has stopped working." I use the stock app, never had anything else on here except hangout which is disabled. I cleared the cache and data multiple times, rebooted the phone and have gotten nowhere. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text problems
Snn5
Legend

Yes.  I would use Verizon Messages+ until the LP update rolls out.  You'd need to factory reset the phone at that point anyway, or at least FDR if the update didn't kick the stock app into gear.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Clear the system cache under Settings---Storage---and tap on Cache.  This removes all cache. 

0 Likes
kerry4835
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that one twice, still didn't work. I am trying to avoid a factory reset, got anything else to try?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes.  I would use Verizon Messages+ until the LP update rolls out.  You'd need to factory reset the phone at that point anyway, or at least FDR if the update didn't kick the stock app into gear.

0 Likes
kerry4835
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ended up doing the factory reset 😕 seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.

Snn5
Legend

Welcome Smiley Happy

0 Likes