voice announce no longer working for text message
jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

After that latest upgrade (?) my LG g2 no longer has the voice announce for text messaging.  Very annoying.  Anyone else have this problem?  If so, is there a fix?  I've checked all the settings and nothing has changed there.  It says it should be working.

I found that after that upgrade (again a ? as I'm still out to lunch that it was an "upgrade") I had to tweak some of my settings to get them back to the way they were.

Thoughts on the voice announce?

0 Likes
Re: voice announce no longer working for text message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jkd1111,

Sorry to hear that you did not find the update beneficial. Sounds like you are referring to the Text-to-speech feature. Is that right? Go to Settings> Language and input> Text-to-speech output. Is a text-to-speech engine selected. If so, which one?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Speech to text is not the same as text to speech readout.

jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am referring to when I get a text message, my phone makes the announcement "message from so and so".   However to answer your question, it is on Google text to speech English.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jkd1111 We appreciate you sharing that helpful information. Yes, with updates, it is possible certain functions and features will change. However, you can search the Google play store for Speech/text applications.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then why the upgrade if you are going to take away features that we like?  Makes no sense to me.   Is there someway to go back?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is no way to go back, jkd1111. I regret to see this was a feature that you were fond of. I would be glad to submit your feedback regarding the new update not having the feature. We do value you as a customer and appreciate the feedback.  As SheritaH mentioned, there may be an app for you to install that will provide you with the option.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes