when can i get the marshmallow update on my lg g2?
aspen518
Enthusiast - Level 1

where is my marshmallow update for my lg g2?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when can i get the marshmallow update on my lg g2?
Snn5
Legend

The update to VS9803A was the Stagefright patch. The G2 is well beyond its update life cycle. Mine was near flawless on 5.0.2.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Most likely not going to happen.  If it does, which only the G4 and G3 are definitely receiving in the future, it will be near March 20116 or after.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its important to have the latest update for your phone aspen518. At this time we don't have information about this update for your device. You can stay updated via this link on our official website http://vz.to/1lfGy0P .

Are you having any issues with your phone we can address? We are always here to help.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mako42
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks a lot Version. Both VZW and LG have acknowledged that you basically ruined the LG G2 with the Lollipop update. There has never been a patch for the Stagefright exploit. Now you're washing your hands of the whole mess. LG wonders why they were hemorrhaging money at the end of last year. I loved my LG G2 until the update ruined it. I'm done with LG phones and their zero update policy.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The update to VS9803A was the Stagefright patch. The G2 is well beyond its update life cycle. Mine was near flawless on 5.0.2.

0 Likes
mako42
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah. And they promised they would be the first to update the LG G4 and people are still waiting for that. I had two LG G4 phones on my family plan. Both were factory reset prior to the Lollipop update. Both phones were never the same afterwards. I got an email from LG that admitted to that fact so you can tell everyone how great your phone is/was but that doesn't mean others weren't affected negatively.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There were only a few first runs that had a certain serial code that had affected board component-soldering issues, for which LG is replacing free of charge as we speak.  Mine was a later code, so was not affected.  OS updates always affect people strangely it seems, primarily due to how they update.  A FDR is not the same as a full reset with NO backed up data.  Resetting and reloading the exact same incompatible app data is different from resetting to a fresh new status with no prior saved information data.  Remember, there were a lot of changes to runtime environments with the LP update where a lot of apps were not compatible and needed to be reloaded instead of just "optimized."

Nonetheless, the G2 will not see an official update from google nor Verizon as it pertains to the OS.  I see some hope for future updates to Verizon software and features given the G2 was the first verizon phone to receive HD/VoLTE/Advanced Calling 1.0.  So...maybe the trend can continue at some point.

0 Likes
swishd

Looks like we shelled out a few hundred dollars for a phone that will practically be worthless after 2 years, at which point we'll be expected to purchase a new one with another 2 year contract...thanx but no thanx...time for a different phone and carrier too.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Most phones are good well past 2 years. Updates are for 2 years or less generally. Verizon doesn't do contracts anymore. I know 3 people still using their G2 with no qualms.

0 Likes