4G LTE active with Wi-Fi connected
Kuban_Kevin

Hello,

In my past experience, when Wi-Fi is connected to an active network, 4G LTE greys out or disappears and becomes inactive until needed for things like visual voicemail and MMS. On my G3 it seems that LTE will stay on and even have some activity while Wi-Fi is on. I have "avoid unstable connections", "battery saving for wi-fi", and "wi-fi signal weak" all turned off. I'd just like to know if this is normal.

Thank you in advance

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE active with Wi-Fi connected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can address your concerns about your WiFi connection, Kuban_Kevin. When connected to WiFi do you see the two arrows under the LTE/4G icon blinking? This would let us know if you are using actual data. Have you seen an increase in your data usage?

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kuban_Kevin

Thank you for the reply.

Occasionally the two arrows light up. Data usage doesn't seem to be increasing significantly but the usage seems to come from voice mail and Android OS. I don't have voice mail open and I haven't received one since changing phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information Kuban_Kevin. When wifi is on your data is not being used. Once wifi is off if you disable it, or perform a function that requires the network, the wifi signal will disappear. If you have any downloads, updates, or other data related functions that need the network , it will update once off wifi. That may be where usage is occuring.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes