5.0, lg g3 & Verizon
knoxy

Given the track record of Verizon I am not impressed. We all know now that Verizon now has begun the testing for the 5.0 lollipop update for our phones. Given all the automated responses from Verizon as a loyal customer paying higher than average bills you as a company expect higher standards for customer satisfaction. I understand the process could take time but as a multi billion dollar wireless service I do know for a fact no management or person of Intelligence would leave waiting customers in the dark. You have customers waiting for an answer, even if it were an educated guess by saying an estimate your customers could breathe a little easier and say they have had their voice heard. Lolipop is on it's way, but Verizon doesn't say. The company of the phone actually says this before you do which is fine. What is not fine however is not making sure your customers understand. Verizon, as a person with a business model to follow up on I really hope you don't drop the ball. At least acknowledge the work being done and give updates accordingly. This is not fast food cell phone wireless service this is supposed to be world's first. So that being said, when and where is the update for lollipop on our LG G3? Why keep silent, be better than the other companies you compete with for a change..

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 5.0, lg g3 & Verizon
Not applicable

Verizon is not going to give you an answer. Besides it's LG that makes the update and pushes it. Ask them. Also no other US carriers have Lollipop for the 3G yet. If Verizon tells you say Feb 1st and Feb 1st comes here and it doesn't come because of some technical reason then you'd be mad that you were "lied" to "deceived" LG's own Twitter page says "Coming Soon" how is Verizon going to know before LG?

0 Likes
knoxy

LG has confirmed it is now up to the carriers and finished. If Verizon doesn't answer then it should be noted to all customers that your concerns regarding this question doesn't matter. Instead of giving up anon maybe you should be asking questions yourself.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It been stated multiple times. Carriers touch no code what so ever. That statement is a lie and always has been. Samsung still needs to finish the code.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

LG rather... OEMs in general. Motorola, Sony, HTC and even Google admitted carriers don't touch the code.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

What if LG is done, but VZW isn't finished regression testing with their network? The situation could be more subtle...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon's testing always takes long. One because Version still uses CDMA something at&t and T-Mobile don't have to worry about. Secondly because they test more. That why you always hear complaints about Android updates form at&t users. If having Android updates is priority then one needs to go to other carriers.

SpyderBite
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a former engineer at VZW, I'll correct you by saying you're wrong.

Extensive integration and carrier specific security patches go into the coding during pre-release of an update roll out.

Pay less attention to what the media spews and more attention to the actual facts.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

So, how does this work then?  What is the order and sequence of events from beginning to end?  Google, manufacturer, Verizon and customer?  Please, tell us everything, leave no detail out.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

SpyderBite wrote:

As a former engineer at VZW, I'll correct you by saying you're wrong.

Extensive integration and carrier specific security patches go into the coding during pre-release of an update roll out.

Pay less attention to what the media spews and more attention to the actual facts.

It's not what Media spews.  This is STRAIGHT from Carrier partners in public statements and NOT the media...  So you should pay more attention to actual facts.  So you are saying they are wrong...  Then show proof they are wrong because they have been saying YOU are wrong for the past 3 years running now.  I am going about what they have said.  Again they've even shown their process and carriers are not involved in the coding from their own timelines...  So please talk the them about spreading false information.

So at this point I would rather believe them as you could very well not be a former employee of Verizon claiming to be one.