Customer Service Rep

That's a good question. Who is the manufacturer of the V50?*Debbie

0 Likes
Re: 5G for LG v50
ghostofzuul

@vzw_customer_support 

i have the same question.  

i have been told that 

a. no b/c the phone was released in 2019 it will not have access to 5g nationwide only 5g ultraband

b. yes but you need a 5g sim card (which i have and get no 5g despite my entire neighborhood being in red on the coverage map indicating 5g)

c. was told you have to upgrade to the $60/month unlimited ultra plan if you are prepaid in order to get 5g.  

the v50 is manufactured by LG.

if you could find out definitively if we can get 5g on this phone it would be a big help. there are other places in the forums where this is being discussed and via chat and calling 611 and escalating to managers still has not gotten us a definitive answer. 

thanks! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a great question! We hope to clear up some confusion. Since the LG V50 was launched in 2019, it would not have the same technology that is used currently on our network for 5G. All devices launched in 2020 would provide fast and reliable 5G service with a compatible 5G plan. *Hannah

0 Likes
ghostofzuul

will the v50 be getting a software update so that it can operate on the C-Band service that is starting later this month? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, that is a great question! At this time, we don't have any specifics. Rest assured, we are always working with the manufacturer to get you software updates as soon as possible. ~Gina

0 Likes
Nearly20yearswithvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello @vzw_customer_support 

I have had numerous chats and calls with Verizon folks doing their best trying to help me get 5G on my #LGV50ThinQ and this is the first time I have seen the admission that even though the V50 was marketed as being a 5G phone it really isn't. Is Verizon doing anything to make it right with the people who bought the V50 ThinQ believing it would be 5G compatible and now finding out it isn't?

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nearly20yearswithvzw, I rely on 5G service and I would have so many headaches if mine was not working properly.  Can you please elaborate more on who and what was told that it is not really 5G?  With some devices, a software update needs to be completed to get full access to our great 5G network.  You can find the steps to update your software here: https://www.verizon.com/support/lg-v50-thinq-5g-update/  Can you please keep us informed on what happens after you update the software?

-Santo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nearly20yearswithvzw, I have sent a Private Note, can you please respond to the Private Note with your first and last name and ten digit number?

-Santo

0 Likes