5Ghz WiFi network suddenly disappearing from LG V60
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I noticed a problem on the first time I booted this phone - the 5ghz network suddenly disappears. It's as if the receiver component for that band completely powers off. Several devices on my phone have no issues with the 5ghz band. The problem is the 2.4 ghz frequency is much slower in my home than the 5ghz. I think it is due to more interference on that channel.  My home Wifi is 2ghz = 20mbps connection speed the 5ghz is about 100mbps. As you can see I strongly prefer the 5ghz network at this moment. It will momentarily return (maybe a few minutes) after rebooting the phone.

Can Verizon please verify the following:

• That whoever wants to assist me has access to a "known problems" database with Verizon.
  • Verifies it is not part a known problems database. If it is, then submit a ticket or official problem report to it from my end.
  • Suggest a fix if possible.

What I have done to troubleshoot:

• Reboot my phone (also keep in mind this is a new phone and issues occurred since first boot)
  • Reset my router.
  • Verify all other devices have no issues with the 5ghz WiFi signal.
  • Verified I have applied the latest update (there is currently no software updates available for my phone)
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5Ghz WiFi network suddenly disappearing from LG V60
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JoeMikeknight. No, this is not a known issue. I can certainly look into this with you. Is your device update on it's firmware? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

If you are asking if my device has had its firmware updated, then no. I was not aware mobile devices like these had a firmware update option.

0 Likes
bluebluedude1

I have the same exact issue with my verizon newly purchased LG V60. After reboot of the device the wireless 5ghz band connections will work, however for how long is always a guess. Sometimes half of the day, other times for 5 minutes or less. It is not a factory reset issues either as that did not work. The device is updated to the most current version of software as of May 4th, 2020. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, JoeMikeKnight. Do you know if the location services on your device are working consistently?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I do not understand your question as multiple apps access location services based on their usage and purpose. This seems to be working as I intended and set if this is related to your inquiry. Additionally, I have received feedback from a few LG V60 users in general this IS A KNOWN problem with only the Verizon variant of the phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bluebluedude1, we want to ensure you can use the 5Ghz Wi-Fi frequency on your device as desired. We're here to assist. Does the issue persist when you reset the network settings on the device as shown here:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-230059/. If so, what is the make and model of your router? Does it use a WPA or WEP security type? Do you use a Wi-Fi range extender for your connection or do you connect directly to the router?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion with our last response, JoeMikeKnight. I did double check the known issues for the LG V60 and do not see WiFi connection issues as a known issue for this device. I want to make sure I have a correct understanding on what difficulties you are experiencing. Do you have 5G home internet and when your phone is connected to your home Wi-Fi connections it keeps dropping the connection? 

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I already contacted LG and they mentioned its a known issue with the LG V60 variant with the 865 Qaulcomm Snapdragon processor. They currently do not have an ETA when fixes will roll out to carriers.  Not sure if this helps with your question, but I opted out of the 5G radio service as I do not need it and live in a rural area. It seems to be disabled on carrier end as I do not even have the option to re-enable 5G radio. It appears I have to contact Verizon to reactivate it, although I don't need it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that you know the best path forward, JoeMikeKnight. This was mentioned earlier in the forum but have you tried resetting network settings on your phone? Here are the steps again: http://spr.ly/66031CcYz

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes