After Marshmallow update, can't save apps to SD card
dmcdon

I updated to Android 6.0 as requested by the phone.  Since then I have had issues using the SD card.  Old data on the SD card is readable. 

I have done some research about SD cards being adoptable in Android 6.0, I tried another SD card in the phone and was not able to add it for anything other than Portable media.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After Marshmallow update, can't save apps to SD card
Mireland7

I'm having the same issue. At first it said that my 16GB card was corrupt and now that I've switch to a new 64GB card nothing. The phone won't even recognize it even after the 30 min trick. I also connect the phone to my laptop and looked at the phones storage via my laptop and it also doesn't recognize that I have an SD card in the phone...WTH Verizon!!! Everything was fine until this update

0 Likes
doug2166
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having similar problem. I like to move available apps to SD card and was able to move a few until I got he message of "Not enough Storage Space".  Now my phone shows 411 MB of 14.92 GB used....seems like I should have plenty of space

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Storage is very important! Have you taken the device into a store location to see if there has possibly been any damage to the SD card slot and that the card is compatible with the device? Are you able to factory reset the device and attempt inserting the card after?

KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that things run smoothly between the devices. May I ask if there were any "permissions" that were set up after installing the update?
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
doug2166
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a factory reset, but did not remove the card before the reset.  Note that this is the same card I was using before the upgrade and was able to move all the apps that could be moved over to the SD card.  I may try the hard reset with the SD card removed and see if that works.  Having a separate problem that will probably have to be addressed on a separate question, having to due with Bluetooth and WiFi compatibility

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you keeping us posted doug2166. In an effort to exhaust all options, we suggest backing up your info on the SD card to the computer before performing a reset on it. After the SD card has been reset & reformatted to the device, try to save a new file to the card. If it works then we suggest moving your info from the computer to the SD card. Please keep us posted. 

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes