Android.process.acore has stopped error constant after 6.0 Update
Ellenj
Enthusiast - Level 3

LG G4:  6.0 Update bricked my phone, and it's taken more than 5 days to recover from the Factory Reset.  Whomever thinks a factory reset is a solution to a phone not working, should have to live with me for the last 5 days.  IT'S NOT A SOLUTION, IT'S A NIGHTMARE.

I'm still having problems with email.  I'm using the K-9 app, which actually reinstalled well, and recovered all it's settings from backup.  But, not my email.  I had to download about 1000 emails from different servers, and sort through them AGAIN to find the ones I want to keep on my phone.  Took about a day.  While I was doing that, I kept getting the  "Android.process.acore has stopped" error.  Why?  It doesn't seem to affect anything, but it is annoying that the system constantly "stops".

Verizon TS confirmed that there is a problem with the Gallery & Kindle Apps (see my other posts), and that there have been a lot of BAD UPDATES (like mine) for the LG G4 from Verizon.  His suggestion is to NOT INSTALL IT, and wait for a couple of weeks when there should be a fixit update to the update. 

Meanwhile, BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU CAN.  That still won't help a factory reset. 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android.process.acore has stopped error constant after 6.0 Update
Snn5
Legend

That advice seems like a buck pass. They won't release another update for the update.

0 Likes
Re: Android.process.acore has stopped error constant after 6.0 Update
Ellenj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really hope they send a fix to the update.  This is an ongoing nightmare.

0 Likes